Help me understand lights and results

"Is the recommended wattage for an LED lighting system/what system is it for?"

That link is from an older link, when that site started LED was in it's infancy, so those measures are for HID.

I have to agree with Buzzer regarding the Chinese built lights. Their info can be a little (a lot) misleading and confusing ie watts in vs watts out vs lumens, or LED vs HID vs CFL

As I said earlier, you damn near need to be 'a mathmagician ' to truly work it all out. I'm not a mathmagician, hence my use of those growroom calculators.

Merl1n

You want a light that doesn’t break the bank .

you want a light with grunt.

problem solved .

400 w HPS ,will kick arse in that tent. And much cheaper than any led that uses same watts ,

as said earlier ,,,,LEDs still haven’t caught up to HPS,,,,,,

LEDs won’t save you money ,,,that’s crap read from advertising and regurgitated by people that haven’t used them ...

• Upvote 2

You want a light that doesn’t break the bank .

you want a light with grunt.

problem solved .

400 w HPS ,will kick arse in that tent. And much cheaper than any led that uses same watts ,

as said earlier ,,,,LEDs still haven’t caught up to HPS,,,,,,

LEDs won’t save you money ,,,that’s crap read from advertising and regurgitated by people that haven’t used them ...

Cheers mate, I think all that is EXACTLY what I’ve been wanting to hear.

Can I tackle the heat problems I’ll face with hid lights with more fans or a bigger one?

So what do I need? A ballast and 400w hid globe?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Cheers mate, I think all that is EXACTLY what I’ve been wanting to hear.

Can I tackle the heat problems I’ll face with hid lights with more fans or a bigger one?

So what do I need? A ballast and 400w hid globe?

yeah good air exchange and your cruising .....if you live in the desert or somewhere with constant high temperatures then leds would be more suitable.

Cheapest is a magnetic ballast ,,,But pay  a little more and get a digital ballast that will run at 250 w and 400w ,,,,run at 250 w while plants are little ...saves power.

To cool the heat from a HPS bulb, a cooltube is a must

https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/Cooltube-Air-Cooled-HID-Reflector-150MM-6-inch-Suitable-for-HPS-MH-Ballast-Required

It will remove the radiant heat given off by the bulb by running cool air through the tube whilst still allowing light to the plant.

They work well.

Okay, so to finish this thread off and too make sure I have ABSOLUTELY everything I need sorted for lighting now...

Will the following items pictured be all I need to order?