Experts seeds not f##kin germinating

So I got hold of some Blue Cheese Autos from expert seeds. Tried to germ the first 4 in Jiffy pots and after 8 days nothing popped. I checked them out and all 4 were doing f all. I squeezed some run off out of the jiffy's and the pH come in at 4.3, I thought that's not real good and could be the problem so I put another 4 into a paper towel with water ph'd to 6 and 3 days later no sign of f all.

I read a couple of reviews on the interwebs and there seems to be others out there who reckon all the experts seeds they tried to germ were duds.

So just wondering if anyone on here has run any of their strains with any success?

I'm thinking I'll throw all that I have in the towel and see what happens.

I have other better strains as backup but these seeds were cheaper and I was planning to practise breeding my own auto seeds with the cheapies

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey buzzer,

Annoying for sure. 

A 24hr soak in a glass of water. Then some warmth. ........that’s all I got. Doesn’t always work either....lol

Had it happen with a bunch of Green House seed company seeds, I sent them an email with proof of purchase and they sent me a fresh bunch. Nice of them, but the last time I used them.

Ive grown out around twenty of their photoperiod plants from four strains......no problems with. Germination.

Plus I’ve germinated probably another 15 to twenty of their NL for friends outdoor grows .

so not a problem with Expert seeds viability...although I’m  not impressed with yield ,,,But that’s off track.

so what  temperature did you have the seeds germinate at ?

gotta treat them like the babies they are ...keep them warm and you’ll be amazed at the success rates you’ll get.

Good to know that at least you had some success with this breeder SE.

I put the wet towel inside a sealed container then wrap it in a t-shirt and sit it on top of the fridge. Should be a pretty constant 20-23 degrees. I open up the container every day or 2 so and make sure it gets fresh air. Put another 4 in last night. I'll be happy if can sprout 4 out of the 16

Well I got 1 out of the 4 in the towel to go so it looks like I will get at least one run out of these beans.

Seems like their buy 5 and get 16 deal is just a way for them to clear out old stock that may or may not be viable seeds. They probably know that half won't germ and they are hoping that if they give you 16 you'll still be happy enough. But yeah def won't be going backpost-66460-159789557188_thumb.jpeg

Cheers Frank. I might try that. Do you pH the water you use? I have Rockwood cubes and was thinking of trying that but I read that the Rockwood can be alkaline and that's it's a good idea to pH the water down to 5.5 to balance it out.

I do seeds straight into medium (coco, rockwool etc.) i put the tray on little circular foam pads on top of the heat mat, gives a layer of air in between i personally don't use a thermostat. no humidity dome. ez

Yes, ph and light nutes 0.4 - 0.6 ec. When i was trying rockwool out recently a lot of information did say to soak the cubes, but i also found newer information stating grodan changed the binder used from limestone so it was unnecessary. I tried both ways, soaking in ph 5.5 water then feeding light nute solution phd at 6, and just soaking it in the ph6 nute solution and noticed no difference personally.

I have gone back to coco although that is a personal choice more than anything, rockwool works just fine. 

I'm trying to avoid transplanting so the Rockwood sounds like a good idea because you can plant straight into the final pots.

I used light nutes on my first couple of jiffy pot germs but then when these seeds didn't go in the jiffy's I thought that maybe the 300 ppm was too high so I've gone back to just water with the paper towels

Edited by buzzer