Best premium soil locally available

yep those soils are generally pretty good , not that i've used them all 

i have used easy as organics soil mix which i give a thumbs up too 

other option is to mix your own similar mix which wouldn't require a long 

activation period or " cook " time

main thing to acquirer would be a well made compost or castings , get a 220lt bale of peat for $45

& some scoria / perlite / some sort or aeration & mix those 3 in equal parts

after that all the companies GGG & crow mentioned sell some sort of nutrient / mineral mix

easy as call it a regenerate blend this would be your amendments to the above 3 part mix

mixed sooner than later & you'd still have some "cook" time b4 outdoor season started 

2 things to keep in mind , be mindful of your watering practices , no till soils can be a little on

the heavy side , lots of water all at once can easily compact one of these soils , small amounts

of water applied slowly aiming for minimal to no run off is a better method of watering , blumats 

do this job well 

the other is , consider how long you expect your plant to be in this water only soil & in what sized 

pot , 50lt pot planted at the end of september & expected to make it to april /may the next year 

is pushing the limits of 50lt water only soil imo , if 50lt is the pot size there is no need to plant as early

as the end of september because the limiting factor is the pot , the plant will only get big or get fed as a 50lt 

pot will allow 

the FAQ's on easy as organics might be a good resource of info on growing in a no till soil 

https://easyasorganics.com.au/faq/ 

hope that helps  

good to see you crow been a while 

hope you & yours are safe & well 

• Upvote 2

main thing to acquirer would be a well made compost or castings , get a 220lt bale of peat for $45

& some scoria / perlite / some sort or aeration & mix those 3 in equal parts

good to see you crow been a while 

hope you & yours are safe & well 

Hey Itchy,

Yes, such a long time!  Glad to see you're still around :)  Going really well thanks and about to get a whole lot better with getting my grow back on.  Hope all is well with you too.

Thanks for your very helpful reply.  Alas, my outdoor days are long gone... I'm doing an indoor (actually in-shed :D), autoflower run with this soil so expect it should go the distance.

I've already identified watering (or more specifically over-watering) as the major challenge for this run (apart from keeping secret from my nosy 10yo lol

I'm planning a SIP type setup with some root pruning pots (12L), hoping the air pots will dry out fairly readily in the in the event of a waterlogging.

I've had a bit of a look around for peat... those 220L bales for $45 - is that available online?

good to see your getting your grow on again , you grown auto's b4 ?

gee's 10yo now , it really has been a long time between drinks 

good luck with it , hope it turns out nice for ya , although your thumb was a green one 

so you should be right i reckon 

i'm not completely sure but i think you can buy online from these guys 

https://nudgeeroadlandscapes.com.au/buyonline/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=330  this is Teem Peat Moss , Canadian 

Peat vary's in price & shipping can sting a bit from the weight of a compact bale 

i've used Lithuanian Peat b4 https://www.petandgarden.com.au/potting-mix/1369-lithuanian-sphagnum-peat-moss-200-litre.htm

bit more pricey l

• Upvote 1

Thanks Itchy.

Nope, not done autos before.  A former member here opened my eyes to them and my situation lends itself to a quick and done grow.  Also, I've been buying for the last couple of years so the sooner I can harvest some quality home grown the better lol

Cheers for those peat links, will check them out.  Shipping is definitely killer - cost me $120 in freight for 120L of dirt!!

• Upvote 1

thanks for the replies guys. After a bit of research, first time round i will be going with greenthumbs Turbosoil because its for Auto's, next time i might try mixing my own.

I plan to feed a bit of gogo juice, molasses, ultra weak fish oil maybe 5ppm, and possibly bat guano even though it claims it's a water only soil.. i have read a bit about a lot of perlite in the mix,

but is supposed to be good for 10 weeks... the other question i have, is, How long could the turbo mix soil sit around unused before it is no good? i don't want to make a habit of supply runs.

thanks for the replies guys. After a bit of research, first time round i will be going with greenthumbs Turbosoil because its for Auto's, next time i might try mixing my own.

I plan to feed a bit of gogo juice, molasses, ultra weak fish oil maybe 5ppm, and possibly bat guano even though it claims it's a water only soil.. i have read a bit about a lot of perlite in the mix,

but is supposed to be good for 10 weeks... the other question i have, is, How long could the turbo mix soil sit around unused before it is no good? i don't want to make a habit of supply runs.

I would like to know the answer to this question also???