First grow, updates and noob questions.

Mate you want to grow a plant to finish but your using a light that’s for starting them off ,,,sure you can use it but your better to invest in something stronger.

topping is ok but For a photoperiod plant you need to give it time after you’ve done it before switching .

my question is how much bud are you happy to end up with ? Coz then you’ll get advise to suit.

Edited by Serrated edge
  • Upvote 1

1 oz for maybe 14 weeks of growing ,,,if your happy with that then carry on .

about $150 will get you a 250 w HPS kit ..even if you only got half a gram per watt you’d be looking at around 4 + ounces ,,

Couple more dollars you’d have a 400 w HPS kit .up your yield even more.

your decision ,,never mind me .

Edited by Serrated edge

Nah I’d wait a bit ,then start bending the plant ,two tie points at first,,,,let the canopy form and fill out keeping it low,,,,when it’s nearly full I’d flip..

it all takes time mate ,,,your plant is still a baby..

do you know the breeder of the blueberry ? Coz if it’s a sativa berry you’ll need to flip earlier coz it’ll stretch more.

• Upvote 1

Wow ,that was quick ..congrats on your new light..good choice getting a digital ballast.

if I had my ideal I’d not let them get colder than 18 at night ,,,but I’m in cold Vic and plants are in an unheated  room but they still do well.

although I am putting an oil heater in this winter ,,havnt used the heater atleast the last two winters. So you can try to get an ideal temp but the plants can take variability. Too cold and metabolism begins to slow down.

same with lights on temps .plants like heat ,but you don’t want it too hot if it means your medium begins to get too warm ,, Can cause root problems,,but definitely slows the growth when in flower

i wouldn’t have gone for a 600 w in your size tent ,,but you don’t need to run it that high ,,and will come in handy if you decide to upsize it in the future.

so yeah you have a wide range of temps the plant can handle without needing To spend money to have complete control ,,,

Any thing over 35 degrees gets me concerned ,,so I might up the speed of my exhaust fan but I’m more than likely to just raise the light,,

if the ambient temp is Too high ,,well I just put up with it,,air con in the room would help though.

probably rambled on too much here ,,,

Edited by Serrated edge