WHY DO PEOPLE PLANT AUTOS?

Curiosity made me try once.Only one worth planting did not grow as an auto and was beautiful.My problem is why you wouldn't clone good strains and put straight into bud.Ruderalis i have been told has qualities of hemp.So apart from saving a fortune clones won't have ruderalis in genes and that is a plus.Plants take no longer so why???This is a genuine question not trying to be rude to those that grow them or rhetorical.

• Upvote 1

Curiosity made me try once.Only one worth planting did not grow as an auto and was beautiful.My problem is why you wouldn't clone good strains and put straight into bud.Ruderalis i have been told has qualities of hemp.So apart from saving a fortune clones won't have ruderalis in genes and that is a plus.Plants take no longer so why???This is a genuine question not trying to be rude to those that grow them or rhetorical.

I wouldn't grow them inside but i grew them outside for the reason you can get 3 grows over an outside season for good variety.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I find many photos can be planted in spring and harvested around christmas with good quality and yeild. Plant a variety and some will go through till autumn/winter. Clones are also a great option.

Not shitting on anyone for their personal choices, just pointing out it's not so black and white.

• Upvote 1

I find many photos can be planted in spring and harvested around christmas with good quality and yeild. Plant a variety and some will go through till autumn/winter. Clones are also a great option.

Not shitting on anyone for their personal choices, just pointing out it's not so black and white.

Are you starting these photos under lights then moving outside for summer flower? If found a photo strain that’s ready for harvest at Christmas grown outdoor only I’d say goodbye to the autos

I was referring to seeds planted outdoors in Spring. Sometimes seeds from the same batch some will finish early and some later in the season. It is important to note Australia is a large continent so there are large variations in climate depending on where you live. Then there are the variations in microclimate.

If your situation allows you will just have to try different varieties and see what works for you. If you find something that finishes in the timeframe you are looking for it would be a good idea to make some seeds with it/them. This way the next generation/s should be more likely to finish within that timeframe and will also become acclimatised to your conditions.

The best I can do is let you know this summer what is finishing for me if you want an idea as it's not something I pay a lot of attention to as far as which strain.

Edited by Naycha
  • Upvote 1

Whilst you veg your photos you can grow autos and get a harvest. Plus no dramas if you're indoors worrying about light leaks if thats a problem. Some autos yeild really well these days. My best is I think just over 17oz from 2 autos just under 90 days from germ. And I wouldn't classify myself as a good grower.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1