Low Humidity

did you have a pot of wet media & a plant transpiring in the small tent when you were doing your tests ?

yes , plants will adapt to the environment there in , but that does not mean they aren't experiencing stress from that environment 

& sometimes plant stress can lead to plant problems 

i find it a little on the hard side to get my head round but reading up on Vapor Pressure Deficit VPD which has been used for years

in greenhouse growing , basically it's getting your plants to grow as efficiently as possible using environment , the flow on effects 

are healthier plants , higher nutrient uptake & better / bigger yields  

we are all home growers so VPD might not be fully controllable in your space so we adapt & do what we can do , which hopefully 

in the long run gets better positive outcomes or just roll the dice & hope for the best , i've done both , putting bud in the bin at the end 

of a long grow hurts way to much to just roll the dice imo 

• Upvote 1

coz it's in a garage with hardly any airflow anyway, dropping the temp did shit all

but i got a humidifier from kmart anyway

will see how that goes

i think im just overthinking anyway

i remember my first grow that i did outdoor (my only other grow)

i just threw some seeds in pots in like january and wasn't even expecting anything out of it

next thing you know i've got 3 females and 2 males.

ended up with 3 hermies ofcourse coz i didnt move the males like a noob

if you drop your temp say down to 22c your humidity should go up, and if your running a nutrient reservoir make sure it doesnt get below 18c as nutrient lock out isn't fun.

if anyone has a clue my 2 week old seedling is between 42-50 RH, any draw back to this ?

did you have a pot of wet media & a plant transpiring in the small tent when you were doing your tests ?

yes , plants will adapt to the environment there in , but that does not mean they aren't experiencing stress from that environment 

i find it a little on the hard side to get my head round but reading up on Vapor Pressure Deficit VPD which has been used for years

in greenhouse growing , basically it's getting your plants to grow as efficiently as possible using environment , the flow on effects 

we are all home growers so VPD might not be fully controllable in your space so we adapt & do what we can do , which hopefully 

in the long run gets better positive outcomes or just roll the dice & hope for the best , i've done both , putting bud in the bin at the end 

coz it's in a garage with hardly any airflow anyway, dropping the temp did shit all

will see how that goes

i just threw some seeds in pots in like january and wasn't even expecting anything out of it

if you drop your temp say down to 22c your humidity should go up, and if your running a nutrient reservoir make sure it doesnt get below 18c as nutrient lock out isn't fun.

if anyone has a clue my 2 week old seedling is between 42-50 RH, any draw back to this ?

will see how that goes