Low Humidity

G'day guys, 

i'm setting up my 80x80x160

so far i am testing out temperatures at the different light settings 

I have an intake fan and an exhaust all running with an oil heater at a low setting.

the heater does the job as it's a small tent and the temp seems to be consistent.

the humidity however at the moment is at 30% with temp at 27

the temp i can fix but i'm just a bit confused about humidity...

how do i maintain humidity?

I haven't tried any method yet, but i had a look at a small humidifier that i have and it auto turns off after 3 hours?

so how would i maintain constant humidity at say 60-70% for seedling 

is constant humidity even necessary?

the stoner me keeps questioning myself and keeps coming up with obtstacles

im running a viparspectra par450w

with a 4 inch exhause and just a small intake fan

and an oil heater 

thanks in advance

get an inkbird humidity controller from Amazon for 50 bucks and set that up to control your humidifier. Don't buy any other type of humidifier than the ultrasonic it's the most efficient to run. When your plants are small they don't need as much air exchange and you can have your fan running on/off at 15 minutes intervals. This will help you keep the humidity level you are aiming for. Once your plants get to about 6-8 weeks you won't need the humidifier cause they will perspire enough water to raise the RH by themselves and the fans need to be on 24/7

Environment plays a huge part. Perfect temp and RH will increase your growth rates for sure.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

option 1 get a cheap humidifier 

option 2 physically mist the inside with a spray bottle every few hours and perhaps hang a wet towel in the tent 

Just stop looking at the meter :) . As far as problems go low RH is probably the least problematic problem you'll ever have. I'd just go with it.

I never checked the humidity or the temp in my grows I figure the plant will adjust to whatever it is.

I got down to 20% RH this grow. Not ideal but jumped to 45% 2 weeks in to flower and has stayed there.

Plants generally grow better with higher humidity, just need to balance that out in flower not to get Mould. I am trying to find ways as well to raise humidity while my plants veg in one of my tents. 

get an inkbird humidity controller from Amazon for 50 bucks and set that up to control your humidifier. Don't buy any other type of humidifier than the ultrasonic it's the most efficient to run. When your plants are small they don't need as much air exchange and you can have your fan running on/off at 15 minutes intervals. This will help you keep the humidity level you are aiming for. Once your plants get to about 6-8 weeks you won't need the humidifier cause they will perspire enough water to raise the RH by themselves and the fans need to be on 24/7

Environment plays a huge part. Perfect temp and RH will increase your growth rates for sure.

Thanks for the responses guys.

really eases the mind.

Did ya google that buzzer ?

he could always put a bucket of water  in front of the fan, of hang a wet towel in front of the inlet, make a bit of a Coolgardie safe

or as cooper said don't worry about it  

G'day guys, 

i'm setting up my 80x80x160

so far i am testing out temperatures at the different light settings 

I have an intake fan and an exhaust all running with an oil heater at a low setting.

the heater does the job as it's a small tent and the temp seems to be consistent.

the humidity however at the moment is at 30% with temp at 27

the temp i can fix but i'm just a bit confused about humidity...

how do i maintain humidity?

I haven't tried any method yet, but i had a look at a small humidifier that i have and it auto turns off after 3 hours?

so how would i maintain constant humidity at say 60-70% for seedling 

is constant humidity even necessary?

the stoner me keeps questioning myself and keeps coming up with obtstacles

im running a viparspectra par450w

with a 4 inch exhause and just a small intake fan

and an oil heater 

thanks in advance

if you drop your temp say down to 22c your humidity should go up, and if your running a nutrient reservoir make sure it doesnt get below 18c as nutrient lock out isn't fun.

if anyone has a clue my 2 week old seedling is between 42-50 RH, any draw back to this ?

Edited by Dan J