What happens to the plant when you change pot sizes?

Hey everyone,

I’m about to drop my pups from 18 to 12 but usually I will have them in there 52 litre pots

This time I don’t and was going to put them into there 52 litre pots tonight and turn at them same time, but I think they lag a little every time you put in a differrrny size pot because the roots like to grow out until find the edge and then down.

I’m thinking give them 5 days in new pots then turn but if I don’t have To I won’t do talk me out of it someone pls

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

You don't have to.

If you really want to know what the difference will be do some now and some 5 days into 12/12. This will teach you more than a bunch of opinions and what will happen is somewhat strain/pheno dependant anyway.

Edit... I misread that but you can see what I'm trying to say, have a go each way and find out.

Edited by Naycha

You don't have to.

If you really want to know what the difference will be do some now and some 5 days into 12/12. This will teach you more than a bunch of opinions and what will happen is somewhat strain/pheno dependant anyway.

Edit... I misread that but you can see what I'm trying to say, have a go each way and find out.

Yeah 100% that was my intiL thinking of going to a small pot first then into the 52liyre in theory should have grown quicker, in saying that For something like this I would think there would be a pretty clear cut answer as most root systems would be similar between different strains ect, but then what you put it in, feed it ya ya ya

One example of where there would be a difference is if you are growing a short or long flowering strain. The sativa or sativa dominant strains I have grown react more favourably to repotting at a later stage because they continue to develop roots longer than the indica dominant strains I have grown.

So it is not so much a difference in the rootball itself but a difference in the characteristics of the strain/pheno.

Hey fellas my girls arnt looking so hot, since I transplanted from 10litre yo 50litre pots they haven’t looked good at all, I do have spider mites but seem to be under control, they look healthy when the first turn on but towards end of the 8 hours they start looking sad and unhealthy again, EC and PH are both good, temp no higher than 24 and humidity around 50, I’m watering them 1 to twice a day

Any ideas would be appreciated cheers

Hey frankyboy

How longs it been since you transplanted them to 50L pots ?

I had pretty much the exact situation 3 weeks ago - transplanted clones from plastic cups of coco to their final home of 50L and they were looking worse for wear for about 10 days or more ... I nearly pulled them thinking they were dead . Then Boom after nearly 2 weeks they just took off . Gave them a been oil spray a few times and hopefully should be sweet with the mites, will probably get some Californicus mites from Bugs For Bugs to kill the Spider Mites

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Hey frankyboy

How longs it been since you transplanted them to 50L pots ?

I had pretty much the exact situation 3 weeks ago - transplanted clones from plastic cups of coco to their final home of 50L and they were looking worse for wear for about 10 days or more ... I nearly pulled them thinking they were dead . Then Boom after nearly 2 weeks they just took off . Gave them a been oil spray a few times and hopefully should be sweet with the mites, will probably get some Californicus mites from Bugs For Bugs to kill the Spider Mites

yeah it’s only been about 8 days hopefully onwards and upwards from here, cheers mate

You also might have disturbed the root system too much or unknowingly broke some larger roots, be very careful with the watering, an already disturbed root system won’t handle overwatering well at all, if you’re not already using a root tonic maybe bring some of that in although being indoor I’m guessing you’re already doing that, bit of transplant shock paired with the mites going hard would make it a lot harder for the plant to bounce back as well, honestly just scour the whole fckin plant and crush every last one of them then apply neem, everyone wants quick fixes and mucks around with there plants so much but pretend like they don’t have the time to sit there for a few hours manually crushing and removing the mites, after the manual you can take em to a safe area outside and blast the bottom of the leaves off with a hose to get rid of a lot of the eggs left over that are too small for you to see and stuck in crevices. I hope this helps you, good luck.

You also might have disturbed the root system too much or unknowingly broke some larger roots, be very careful with the watering, an already disturbed root system won’t handle overwatering well at all, if you’re not already using a root tonic maybe bring some of that in although being indoor I’m guessing you’re already doing that, bit of transplant shock paired with the mites going hard would make it a lot harder for the plant to bounce back as well, honestly just scour the whole fckin plant and crush every last one of them then apply neem, everyone wants quick fixes and mucks around with there plants so much but pretend like they don’t have the time to sit there for a few hours manually crushing and removing the mites, after the manual you can take em to a safe area outside and blast the bottom of the leaves off with a hose to get rid of a lot of the eggs left over that are too small for you to see and stuck in crevices. I hope this helps you, good luck.

Yeah cheers mate,I don’t usually do it this way either I usually go straight from a cup to 50 litre. But obviously early in the veg so they have time to do there thing but this time due to lack of coco on the day I put them in 15 litre pots then transplanted when I was just about to change over which was a week ago but haven’t due to issues that arrouse.

I’m using rhizotonic (again first grow with it)before was using rock supercharge.

Yeah I’m spending a fair bit of time down there ATM and there is a lot of killing of the little fukers, it doesn’t take much for them to take over I think once you have them they are always going to be there it’s just how healthy you keep them. Also spray 3 to 4 times a day watered down rubbing alcohol.

Also using the phyco dr repair.

They are looking a lot better today and I worked out last night 1 of the bulbs was no good some of the plants in it’s light zone were getting less than 25000 lux so thinking could have contributed