HELP! 1-2 days before harvest and SPIDER MITES are on my girls, WH

Hey everyone I went to check the girls before they do 24 hours of dark or so and chop,but at the back I noticed 1 plant looking a little worse for wear and buds abit spongy compared to others that are rock hard, the seen the mites only a little webbing , then I found bud Rot on 1 crown I’m thinking just chop the 1 or the lot??

Also would the spongenest be from spider mite or due to no water for a few days and the mites it’s just more depleted

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Spongy is likely from no water. How are you going to trim them frank? If your planning on doing them wet, pump those plants back up with water, itll be heaps easier. Trimming half wilted buds is a nightmare.

Hey mate , I like to do the wet, I went back and checked there only a little spongy compared to rest so won’t be and issue, just the intialfirst stress of it !!

I was only going to do the 1 tonight but don’t want to give them little fukers anymore feed time on them, I have cleaned out an area and I have a 60 litre bin with a bag and all the waste going straight into them then conveniently in the skip bin I have put the front then clean and wash everything, what’s the best thing to get rid of them in your opinion

Not much ya can do with the mites with 2 days to go but i heard if you pull the plant out with the roots and hang them upside down the mites might migrate to the root ball ( wifes tale ?) never had them thank fk.

Good luck with it mate.

They are bloody nightmare mate and when you think there gone they pop back up, if plants healthy they don’t hurt them at all but if something happens and your plant abit unhealthy and stressed they will move in that quick, these ones I’m about to pull had them just before I turned them 1 day super healthy 3 or 4 days later I almost lost the lot it was unbelievable,I literally took them all outside and hoard them off with clean water and cleaned and sterilised everything

I'd give ya flowering room a very good clean down after make sure non hang around for next crop

Any special remedies mate?

Not much ya can do with the mites with 2 days to go but i heard if you pull the plant out with the roots and hang them upside down the mites might migrate to the root ball ( wifes tale ?) never had them thank fk.

Good luck with it mate.

one of the true tales IMO it's what I found when I hacked an infected one at the base and hung it upside down. They all migrated to the cut stem and congregated in that one spot until there was a visible pile of them the size of a five cent piece. I knew they were there but not that quantity. At least it drew them away from the heads.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if you are currently using it, but maybe look into silica in the future as well especially in veg. Can make it harder for sucking insects to get through the leaf. Also enough can't be said about keeping a good eye out for insects constantly, catching a couple bugs before you get an outbreak can be a lifesaver. Can look at getting a jewelers loupe for the underside of leaves for the future to look at for them.

Not sure if you are currently using it, but maybe look into silica in the future as well especially in veg. Can make it harder for sucking insects to get through the leaf. Also enough can't be said about keeping a good eye out for insects constantly, catching a couple bugs before you get an outbreak can be a lifesaver. Can look at getting a jewelers loupe for the underside of leaves for the future to look at for them.