Having trouble keeping temp down

My temp is currently sitting at 34C and I'm having trouble getting it down.

My set up is hydro autopots in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent.

My current exhaust is as follows:

Carbon filter > exhaust fan > ducting to 600w hps in cool tube > ducting to outside

I believe I also need to set up a fan to bring air into the tent and also exhaust out.

I'm really unsure what to do to bring the temp down apart from buy some kind of aircon?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ideally you should be using one fan for intake, one for exhaust, and a separate one for the cooltube which should not be pulling air from inside the tent. If the intake fan can source cool air even better. I cut a hole in my floor for this purpose and it delivers cool air even in summer as it is quite cool below my house. You should be able to adjust the airflow to deal with the heat particularly if you are using the cooltube correctly.

My temp is currently sitting at 34C and I'm having trouble getting it down.

My set up is hydro autopots in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent.

My current exhaust is as follows:

Carbon filter > exhaust fan > ducting to 600w hps in cool tube > ducting to outside

I believe I also need to set up a fan to bring air into the tent and also exhaust out.

I'm really unsure what to do to bring the temp down apart from buy some kind of aircon?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fuck those stupid auto pots off and use something more suited to the temps where ya live mate.

34c is perfect growing conditions if ya using the right medium.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

You could take the cool tube out of system (not doing anything the way it's set up) ,then connect carbon filter direct to exhaust fan ,place the carbon filter directly above your light and duct straight out

Use passive intake,no fan , to draw fresh air in

Hot air from cool tube will come out both ends ,as it's hot air it will rise directly into carbon filter and out of tent along with other warm air

Make sure you have good air circulation, just because you have a good fan doesn't mean you have good air movement, look for dead spots and address

Good way is get a feather ,move it round tent to check for spots with no movement, this means above ,pot level and through plants themselves

Fresh air will be dragged in from the vents in the bottom ,put your feather there to test

Iideally you should have a slight negative pressure

Your temps aren't a issue ,just make sure your humidity is correct for temps

VPD charts will help with this

Fuck those stupid auto pots off and use something more suited to the temps where ya live mate.

Dont listen, that is wrong.

Yes you can put your carbon filter at the end start of your ventilation for your cool tube. However the carbon filter reduces air flow by 20% and you need a good fan that has high static pressure. If you run a ball bearing fan you will not have enough static pressure to suck the hot air, plus the smell out via the filter.

You could take the cool tube out of system (not doing anything the way it's set up) ,then connect carbon filter direct to exhaust fan ,place the carbon filter directly above your light and duct straight out

Hot air from cool tube will come out both ends ,as it's hot air it will rise directly into carbon filter and out of tent along with other warm air

Make sure you have good air circulation, just because you have a good fan doesn't mean you have good air movement, look for dead spots and address

Good way is get a feather ,move it round tent to check for spots with no movement, this means above ,pot level and through plants themselves

Fresh air will be dragged in from the vents in the bottom ,put your feather there to test

I hadn't heard of VPD before now, I did some research and ended up raising my light a little to keep the leaf temp down.

Cheers mac.

Ideally you should be using one fan for intake, one for exhaust, and a separate one for the cooltube which should not be pulling air from inside the tent. If the intake fan can source cool air even better. I cut a hole in my floor for this purpose and it delivers cool air even in summer as it is quite cool below my house. You should be able to adjust the airflow to deal with the heat particularly if you are using the cooltube correctly.

Ah yes I this set up was indeed just drawing through the warm air so I've changed the set up now. Not sure why that didn't occur to me to begin with lol. I am considering getting an aircon for Summer but for now the outside temps are ok at around 25c during the day.

I was recommended the autopots by my local hydro guy who has been in the business for 20 years. I understand he probably makes more of selling those but he seemed confident. Everything I've read seem like they're ok for a small 4 pot grow. I will keep them for now cos my head is already trying to juggle a bunch of info and I will see what I can learn and maybe swap to a different method after I get 1 hydro grow under my belt.

What kind of exhaust fan are you running? What are the average temps of the air being drawn in?

I'm running a 350 cubic m/hr exhaust fan with passive air intake as suggest by micmac. Average fresh air temp is around 25c. I'm considering creating a cool ice box so I can adjust the temp and humidity since it's a bit low at the moment. Maybe an aircon for Summer but I get the evil eye from my wife at this stage so I gotta stop spending $$ on it lol.

I took the cool tube out completely and actually prefer it that way as it was getting pretty hectic with all the cords/fans/tubing everywhere. Much more simple now. Temp is still between 30c - 34c depending on the time of day but it actually doesn't even really feel overly hot anyway. I think my anxiety overtakes my logic a bit.

I am using a 350m/hr exhaust fan with fresh air passive intake as suggested. I also have a 310m/hr inline cana fan now connect only to my carbon filter then straight out of the tent.

Definitely need to look at better fans for air movement as I only have 2 small desk fans at the moment. My seeds only just sprouted today so I have time to find a better alternative that oscillates and fans more thoroughly. I will do the feather test for sure. I tried this on my passive air intake and get nice inward flow with a slight negative pressure on the tent.

According to the VPD chart my humidity is too low at this point. Thankyou for referring that chart it will be very helpful. I'm guessing most noobs like me focus on worrying too much about temp without actually understanding the growth process enough.

No worries, thought that would stop you stressing over heat

Glad to see you realise the tents are made for passive air intake

The only time you need air intake is a sealed room

Yeah the feather,good little took in a grow tent,air flow exchange and movement lead to more problems indoors than most others put together

Plenty of time to get it right