Advice on germination

I'm 3 days ahead of you. Just put the germed seeds in rockwool this morning.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Awesome, I'd love to see your grow as it matures. I'll be posting mine so I can get advice on the way.

Where can you get rockwool besides the hydro shop? I looked at Bunnings but doesn't seem like the sell it. I'd go back to my local hydro place except he's already told me I can plant straight into the perlite/verm mix and I'd feel like a knob going back in there despite his advice. I'll probably just plant them straight in. I watered my mix yesterday and it seems damp enough.

Seems everyone has a slightly different method.

I'm a paper towel guy myself. Get 2 squares together and fold in half 3 times, wet paper towel then squeeze out so it's just damp. Place seeds on towel and fold in half over the seeds. Spray the top of the paper towel with water so it's visually wet but not soaked. Place in a Tupperware or takeaway container with lid on and leave in a warm place. I check them every day to allow fresh air in - 98% success rate so far and average 3 days germination time.

All good methods

Me I don't like to contaminated seeds from the germs when touching them once cracked

My advice for new growers is put them straight into a jiffy pot ,pointy end up

Keep them warm and moist and your germination rate is as good as any other method

I still put them straight into medium to this day

The strong will grow and thrive. ,the weak won't come up or die, no wasted time trying to cull plants that normally would survive

• Upvote 1

Yep I killed 4 seeds trying to stuff around with paper towels. Jiffy pots have given me 100 percent success since then

All good methods

Me I don't like to contaminated seeds from the germs when touching them once cracked

Keep them warm and moist and your germination rate is as good as any other method

The strong will grow and thrive. ,the weak won't come up or die, no wasted time trying to cull plants that normally would survive

• Upvote 1

All good methods

I found 3 jiffy peat pellets in my shed... score! I'll do 3 in those and one straight into the perlite/verm mix and see how they go.

Why pointy end up? I thought that was the tap root and had to point down?