Seedling advice wanted

Is there any point leaving the lights on before they pop up from the soil?

When they first spout from the soil would they benifits from the lights staying on a day or 2 or going straight to 16/8h of light?

And with timers is just any timer from Bunnings going to do the job or are some of the cheaper ones not so good?

Thanks for any advice.

Seedlings don't need any light until they pop their head out of the soil, they do like a warm environment tho.

Not sure if 24 hours before going to 18/6 will make much difference maybe someone else can attest for that.

As for timers I haven't had a problem just using cheap 24 hour mechanical timers. Maybe for a hydro setup you would have more peace at mind with a more reliable brand. But for a basic set up the cheapy will do. [emoji106]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by kushlad

Is there a downside at all to running 24hour light? As I hear mixed information about dark periods. I personally use 20/4 during veg because of this mixed information.

If the light is what it takes to keep them warm then it’s worth using ..keep them warm and your germination rate will rise.

think you might have meant 18/6 for light hours... you can do that ,,,but 24/24 will give you constant veg growth ,,get there quicker.

Is there a downside at all to running 24hour light? As I hear mixed information about dark periods. I personally use 20/4 during veg because of this mixed information.

some say the autos like a few hours of dark ....I don’t grow autos so I can’t say ..

But with photoperiod cannabis they love 24/24 in growth.