Spotting and yellowing leaves - Clones and flowering plants

They really need to be in a container that you can plumb to drain away so they are not sitting in liquid. Flood and drain tray, or plastic children's pool, bucket, whatever you can come up with. I have used a pool before but a proper tray is great, depends on budget.

Yea I think I've thought of a good method to let it drain into, i will post pics here once I have done it. 

So yesterday I flushed and fed them and took reading after each which confused me as to the result..;

So first i FLUSHED with 2L @ EC 180, pH 6.1 and tested the run off;

Tent 1:

1. EC 300, pH 4.6

2. EC 285, pH 5.0

3. EC 240, pH 4.5

4.EC 260, pH 4.6 

Then i vaccumed up all the runoff and FEED with 2L @ EC 550, pH 6.1 and tested run off; 

1. EC 220, pH 4.7

2. EC 230, pH 4.9

3. EC 200, pH 4.8

4. EC 220, pH 4.7

The EC actually went down even though i added a higher EC nutrient solution, and the pH remained almost unchanged... can anyone explain? I thought feeding them a higher EC and pH should increase the runoff readings?

I fed Tent 2(veging tent) also @ EC 450, pH 6.2 and tested run off;

1. EC 530, pH 6.1

2. EC 400, pH 6.3

3. didnt test this plant too lazy.

4. EC 530, pH 6.3

5. didnt test this plant too lazy.

Decided i will use this forum post to also keep a log of feeding strengths and pH as well as the run off that results. 
Can someone explain why its coming out unchanged... is it simply a matter of feeding until it stabilises now? This is so frustrating.

You can flush as much as you want might stabilise but it would be brief and not a cure ..

You need to treat the root rot,,,,,but you’ll still have decaying roots in the medium And that’s problems too.

any enzyme product for roots will eat up the decaying matter.

still be a slow process ,,it’s a crappy  Problem to have.

D

You can flush as much as you want might stabilise but it would be brief and not a cure ..

You need to treat the root rot,,,,,but you’ll still have decaying roots in the medium And that’s problems too.

any enzyme product for roots will eat up the decaying matter.

still be a slow process ,,it’s a crappy  Problem to have.

Do you think the NULIFE AU60 Root repair is sufficient or should I go with the Pyth-off ?

Prob best to run the silver bullet by itself not sure if it will work with the other additive. 

As others have said rotting roots dropping the ph, although runoff ph isn't the most accurate form of measuring medium PH

Should I be running it by itself in plain tap water? 

What is the best way to test medium pH when using coco/perlite? 

The best way to test coco is to take core samples, in reality it is unnecessary. Make sure the feed going in is ph'd properly, and start with a quality hydroponic coco product. 

Also I wouldn't flush coco with plain water, I would be making up a mid strength nutrient solution phd properly. I would use the silverbullet product with your nutrient solution. 

The best way to test coco is to take core samples, in reality it is unnecessary. Make sure the feed going in is ph'd properly, and start with a quality hydroponic coco product. 

Also I wouldn't flush coco with plain water, I would be making up a mid strength nutrient solution phd properly. I would use the silverbullet product with your nutrient solution. 

Ah right, I did it slightly different. 

I made a batch of 30L and added the silverbullet and fixed its pH to 6.0, EC was around 180. Flushed each plant with 3L of this, then added 1L ontop of EC 500 and pH 6.0 nutrients. I figured the initial 3L would soak the silverbullet solution through to the roots and leave the nutrient solution ontop at the end.

I didnt test the runoff this time, I will repeat this flush/feed in 5 days as per bottles instructions and then I will resume normal feeding schedule and monitor run off from there once the problem (hopefully) subsides. 

Curious ,how exactly would you suggest to do this?

Unnecessary?

Would have identified this problem way earlier

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app