Trichomes and when to pull

Hey guys, I’ll will be honest with you checking the trichomes is new to me,I’m back after a 4 year break but 10+ years prior to that I didn’t know about it, I was taught by a couple 20-30 yrs my senior and she had another method which was ok but I now know this is the best way.

I just bought a little digital microscope that hooks up to phone/computer and it’s unreal.

I have put some pics up and would like to know your thoughts.

I’m at the start of week 7 of what is usually about an 8 week cycle but these have been way more developed from onset of floweres right through and the look about done and the are big and dense, worth noting at start of flower I turned for no more than a week but had a massive issue with mites and things and they went from healthy to very sickly in a matter of days( I hadn’t watered enough so they dried out abit, then 1 night when I was well lubricated, I noticed the Mites so Stupidly I sprayed them with way too much white oil and almost killed them, I turned them back to 18 straight away surely that couldn’t cause them to develop early

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I agree with Nay, it's a personal choice thing.

Some like a heady stone, so clear to white colour to cloudy colour

Some like a heavier head stone so cloudy to brown

I NEED a heavy narcotic stone

So I wait till those droplets on the end of the stems turns burnt toffee brown

But again, it's a personal choice thing.

• Upvote 1

Once you start to flush they really don't mature any more

Best to wait till they are how you want them and then flush

Ok no dramas, I thought when you take away the nutes they used up what they have stored in roots ect or is that when you stress them?

Either way they are looking bloody beautiful post-66919-159101500314_thumb.jpgpost-66919-159101503036_thumb.jpgpost-66919-159101506018_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the replies, i will give another 3 days and check again, the other part is need to flush so need to anticipate how they will be in a week

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Nahh Franky, that's not quite right.... BUT... I do have to agree with Micmac...

Once you start to flush they really don't mature any more

Best to wait till they are how you want them and then flush

"…Once you start to flush they really don't mature any more." I say this 'cos I did exactly the same thing as you, once, giving myself a week more maturing guesstimate, only it didn't happen.

Once you remove the bulk salts, she uses up her own stores/reserves, but stops maturing at the same rate. So don't be planning on further maturing post final flushing.

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n

Few theories there Frank

I do it a little different to others

Flush them out until it reads the same EC as your water supply

Then I let the medium completely dry After a day or 2 I leave them in dark for a day or 2 then cut down in the dark

Reason, first rinse medium of nutrients, 2 let plant feed on itself to get rid of nutrients in plant itself,the days of no light allow what's left to seep back to roots

3 terpenes seem to be at their smallest at night