HELP Root Rot DWC

Setup:

Mars Hydro 70x70x160cm

Mars Hydro TS600w

20 Litre Food grade plastic bucket (Covered in panda film)

Aqua one 7500 Airpump with 2 2inch Air stones.

Nutrients:

Growhard Nutriponics Grow A+B (Equal parts - 900PPM roughly 4ml per Litre of water)

Bio Diesel Super Natural (Root stimulant & Plant Booster)

Growth technology Ph down (use in nutrient water already mixed up to adjust ph of res)

This is my first grow ever (Should have gone coco) however. i received an ak47 clone off a friend a month ago and ti was having ph and ppm/ec problems (Ended up being dodgy pens) and my roots werent growing, those issues were sorted and my friend gave me some of that root stimulant and then my roots really took off and everything was looking good Ph hasnt gone out of the 5.5-6.5 range and ppm is dropping 120 per day maintained with res top ups for a few days but then i noticed a brown sludge on my roots. A few days has passed and its gotten darker and darker and its clear that its root rot. However the rot seems to only be affecting the roots at the top of the water and (End of roots and roots protruding from net pot seem white, not as white as they once were tho).

Ive attached some photos of the roots 1 week ago post-66975-0-61072100-1590734347_thumb.jpg post-66975-0-02957800-1590734326_thumb.jpg 

and a few pics of the roots now affected by the rot post-66975-0-09007300-1590734612_thumb.jpg post-66975-0-61429400-1590734693_thumb.jpg post-66975-0-38851700-1590734368_thumb.jpg

and a pic of the plant itself post-66975-0-17532400-1590734740_thumb.jpg post-66975-0-27518100-1590734722_thumb.jpg.

Ive been losing my mind trying to figure this out. Was thinking of doing a hydrogen peroxide root bath but ive read so many people suggesting that doesnt help. and can make kill good bacteria on the roots. My friend  suggested AU 60 Root repair from the closest hydro shop.  Any recommendations on what i could do to treat the root rot/fix my baby? 

Edit: Temps are regularly 19-20°C also realise I should have posted this to diseases and pests

post-66975-0-86061500-1590734315_thumb.jpg

post-66975-0-68561600-1590734381_thumb.jpg

Edited by RickyChops

H2O2 will kill the good bugs but the root rot has probably already done that. Give a good H2O2 dunking, rinse and repeat. You'll probably loose a few roots but it might be enough to save it. Also wash all your air stones, lines, and bucket in bleach them soak and rinse them in some H2O2 water. Root rot is a pita to kill once you have it.

How often do you do a res clean and change?

20 is too warm doesnt give you enough of a buffer between good temps and bad temps When I use dwc I try to run the solution at no higher than 18c because the cooler the water 

the more oxygen it can hold and as soon as it gets to 20 and above bad pathogens start growing in there 

Also the use of mycorrhizae can do wonders for your plants root health 

Had the same problem last year used silver bullet which is h202 with silver cleared up straight away. Then had the same problem again this year got bigger air pumps and stones and went back to great white beneficial bact never had a problem since

Thanks for all the suggestions <3 

H2O2 will kill the good bugs but the root rot has probably already done that. Give a good H2O2 dunking, rinse and repeat. You'll probably loose a few roots but it might be enough to save it. Also wash all your air stones, lines, and bucket in bleach them soak and rinse them in some H2O2 water. Root rot is a pita to kill once you have it.

How often do you do a res clean and change?

I was changing my res every 7 days but since rots come about ive done 2 changes this week. I am bleaching my bucket, air stones air lines etc my hydro store doesnt have h202 but ive read that you can use 3% stuff from woolies?

I think you're right about the 

Looks like the air pump could be absorbing heat and pumping warm/hot air into the root zone. DWC issues are usually related to res temp or lack of oxygen in the rootzone. H2O2 can clean up the roots but won't fix the problem.

I think you could be right felt the air pump and it was warmer than i expected it to be. 

Pythoff might be a good maintenance solution, once the worst of it has gone. Think it's a slow release chlorine solution. Personally, I'd skip the DWC next time, set up something less prone to issues. A Ferrari is no good if you can't handle it at speed. Chances are you'll get around the track faster, without crashes in a VW golf because it's much easier to drive.

Don't look for signs of the old roots getting better, it won't happen. Instead, the plant will replace them with new roots.

Fingers crossed for improvements.

i getchya bro cheers for the advice

20 is too warm doesnt give you enough of a buffer between good temps and bad temps When I use dwc I try to run the solution at no higher than 18c because the cooler the water 

the more oxygen it can hold and as soon as it gets to 20 and above bad pathogens start growing in there 

Also the use of mycorrhizae can do wonders for your plants root health 

any tips for keeping res at a stable temp?