South Australian Hydroponic Stores - The Good, the bad and the ugly&#3

Only been to glandore and hush. Glandore seems more expensive than others.

Hush was good

Ive heard alot about glandore (good and bad) and not much about Hush.

Glandore is closer to me, buts its always seemed a bit big for my liking, but they have afterpay there, which is dope

Any salesman worth his salt would go down that line with opening line

Better to go in educated ,ask for specific things

IE PK enhancer

Its not hard to look up a product on line while you are standing in the aisle these days

First rule. Tell no one you grow weed , this doesn't mean only hydro shop guy this means no one

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

thanks for everyones opinions, i've recently started shopping around hence why im asking.

I have found the largest difference, is that some shops feel a bit seedy and make me think they might be a bit hot.

Also the difference in information you receive is wild! One shop tells you one thing, the other shop tells you its a load of shit, hard to decide who is right.

I think its easy to pick out the 100% profit stores. If a shop only has 1 product line or 2 it seems like they are pushing for profit.

Ive usually shopped online due to paranoia, and have had only good experience with one store up north.

Ive also noticed most stores have their own product lines now, anyone used any of the shop brands and have good feedback?

Also i have had some really good advice from some of the younger blokes at shops compared to the old boys, anyone found the same?

I would be more concerned buying online mate there could be ppl watching on there you can’t see and then you have to get it sent to an address.

When I visit my local shop I park across the road in a big car park where there is a Bunnings, macccas ect get a trolley from car park take it to the shop go in the back way, whatever I get is covered in bags and I always pay cash, prob abit over the top but we knew an owner of a shop quite well and he told us the cops would set up across the road in a building sometimes and take photos. But a photo is 1 thing but a photo with with you getting into a car with your rego is abit different

I would be more concerned buying online mate there could be ppl watching on there you can’t see and then you have to get it sent to an address.

When I visit my local shop I park across the road in a big car park where there is a Bunnings, macccas ect get a trolley from car park take it to the shop go in the back way, whatever I get is covered in bags and I always pay cash, prob abit over the top but we knew an owner of a shop quite well and he told us the cops would set up across the road in a building sometimes and take photos. But a photo is 1 thing but a photo with with you getting into a car with your rego is abit different

I did exactly the same the other week when i bought some perlite.

Im walking up to the front of the shop on a busy street in an already shit suburb and out walks a young lad about 20 with 5 bags of coco on a trolley and he throws em straight onto the back of a ute with a flooring business logo and name clearly on the side.

I gave him a nod and walked in. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Upvote 1

Hydro shops are legal what are hiding for ? 

they been around for 25-30 years, if the cops were busting DC's buying shit, there wouldn't be any left, word would get around and no tnuc would use them 

ya look more shifty and attract more attention sneaking around like ya got something to hide, than parking out the front to buy shit that's legal to buy 

lol lol 

• Upvote 1

Agree with Pedro. There's a few I can think of that have large aquaponics displays inside/outside and sell all kinds of pond and garden equipment, then there's others that were so dodgy I've walked in to and thought to myself fuck am I getting out alive?? I actually went to one many years ago and the owner had been bashed a few days before (bruised and swollen face), said he was into mma lol Edited by nici
  • Upvote 1

If he is the guy that sold you the auto pot system go back and shoot the prick ,,,it's a crap system for photoperiod cannabis.

Can't blame you for following his advice when you don't already have the knowledge ,,,but be wary in the future.

Oh really?? Can you explain more about why they suck? They seem to make a lot of sense but I don't know a whole lot hence why I'm trying to get info from different sources.

Edit; I found your old post about autopots. I've purchased them already so I'm unsure if I should just go ahead and try or how should I modify them without spending too much more $?

I actually went to one many years ago and the owner had been bashed a few days before (bruised and swollen face), said he was into mma lol

Haha one of those Marijuana Martial Artists lol

Edited by Gee

Oh really?? Can you explain more about why they suck? They seem to make a lot of sense but I don't know a whole lot hence why I'm trying to get info from different sources.

Edit; I found your old post about autopots. I've purchased them already so I'm unsure if I should just go ahead and try or how should I modify them 

you may get by with Shutting off the water to the Reservoir for a day or two to allow the pot to dry a little ,then having the res on for a day ,,and just keep repeating that once you switch to 12/12.  Or ,,which is your best bet ,,to set something up so you can do run to waste (RTW) ,

they will probably love the veg period but need the wet and dry cycles in flower.