South Australian Hydroponic Stores - The Good, the bad and the ugly&#3

Yo guys,
After a few years of trial and error - good and bad stories, i think its time we hold the shops accountable!
After service and product offering reviews.
People's good and bad experiences. 
Basically hydro stores don't have a strong presence on notable review platforms, so its hard to tell which shop is good or bad.

Lets hear your experiences 

The best hydro shop has someone working there that ain't trying to sell ya something every answer you get is filled with information. 

My experience it's generally the smaller hydro shops have this, whereas the larger ones just want to sell product not 100% accurate obviously i haven't visited that many stores.

Edited by Frank Reynolds

The best hydro shop has someone working there that ain't trying to sell ya something every answer you get is filled with information. 

My experience it's generally the smaller hydro shops have this, whereas the larger ones just want to sell product not 100% accurate obviously i haven't visited that many stores.

I'm only new to hydro so I was reluctant to go into a shop since I had a belief they would be much more expensive.

One of the first things the guy says to me was something like, "shopping here will give you free information for life. Any time you need to know something just give me a call".

He had a kit ready to go so the transaction was quick and easy. He explained every part of the kit in detail as well as quickly answering any concerns I had.

Perfect service! You can always find a cheaper option but to get solid advice from someone 20 years in the industry really helps put my mind at ease and probably saves a lot of money in the long run.

They the same as any salesman what else do you buy blind?

So why rely on the salesman to get it right for you ,he's probably on commission,

On another note the op who was shown pics of the salesman grow

I WOULDN'T GO NEAR THAT STORE EVER AGAIN , WHO KNOWS WHO HES SGOWN THAT TOO

COULD HAVE BEEN UNDER COVER COP ,IF HES NOT ALREADY HE WILL SOON BE ON THEIR RADAR

The hydro stores I go to have a sign out the front that basically says do not ask about it or you will be shown the door

What random person would do that ?

Most if not all hydro shops push what ever they make the most markup on. It’s just business like any other shop.

Do some research before ya set foot in any of em.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

They the same as any salesman what else do you buy blind?

So why rely on the salesman to get it right for you ,he's probably on commission,

On another note the op who was shown pics of the salesman grow

I WOULDN'T GO NEAR THAT STORE EVER AGAIN , WHO KNOWS WHO HES SGOWN THAT TOO

COULD HAVE BEEN UNDER COVER COP ,IF HES NOT ALREADY HE WILL SOON BE ON THEIR RADAR

The hydro stores I go to have a sign out the front that basically says do not ask about it or you will be shown the door

What random person would do that ?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

What a shit hydro shop u go to Micmac,. Blokes n girls are open as on topic, if I ever have go in, might just be me..?

• Upvote 2

I'm only new to hydro so I was reluctant to go into a shop since I had a belief they would be much more expensive.

One of the first things the guy says to me was something like, "shopping here will give you free information for life. Any time you need to know something just give me a call".

He had a kit ready to go so the transaction was quick and easy. He explained every part of the kit in detail as well as quickly answering any concerns I had.

Perfect service! You can always find a cheaper option but to get solid advice from someone 20 years in the industry really helps put my mind at ease and probably saves a lot of money in the long run.

If he is the guy that sold you the auto pot system go back and shoot the prick ,,,it's a crap system for photoperiod cannabis.

Can't blame you for following his advice when you don't already have the knowledge ,,,but be wary in the future.

thanks for everyones opinions, i've recently started shopping around hence why im asking.
I have found the largest difference, is that some shops feel a bit seedy and make me think they might be a bit hot.
Also the difference in information you receive is wild! One shop tells you one thing, the other shop tells you its a load of shit, hard to decide who is right.

I think its easy to pick out the 100% profit stores. If a shop only has 1 product line or 2 it seems like they are pushing for profit.

Ive usually shopped online due to paranoia, and have had only good experience with one store up north. 

Ive also noticed most stores have their own product lines now, anyone used any of the shop brands and have good feedback?

Also i have had some really good advice from some of the younger blokes at shops compared to the old boys, anyone found the same?