Deficiency?

Hi all,

I have been growing Malana bomb auto along side my Amnesia haze. I have been feeding her pretty regularly and usually feed her twice a week at almost 50% manufacturer recommendation. I am using a combination of Professors nutes and Manutec from Bunnings.

The medium is a combination of manure at the bottom of the fabric pot along with perlite, moss and vermiculite. The Pot is 5L. I had a false start as I ended up burning the plant intially under hps lights (noob mistake, got over zealous with lights), however, the plant has recovered and is doing quite okay. I had put in the seed in jiffy on 22 April so it has been a month. In the last couple of days I started seeing some discolouration I thought she was N hungry so gave her some Professors nutes Grow fast. I gave her some foliage spray of Prof nutes Go green for common deficiencies too but it's getting a bit worse now.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,

S

Sent from a phone with internet

EC is a bit high 0.8 would be what I suggest

Nitrogen deficiency has to be one of the most common problems that growers face. Suddenly your marijuana plant is turning yellow. You don’t understand why the lower leaves are beginning to wither and die off, but you do see it as a problem. Before you go throwing more plant nutrient, stop and identify the problem.

It’s common that growers do more harm than good when they blindly start adding things to their cannabis crop without first identifying the issue at hand.

The biggest giveaway for nitrogen deficiency is the yellowing of lower leaves. The reason this occurs is that the plant has run out of available nitrogen to uptake. This causes higher leaves that are closer to the light to steal the lower leaves’ nitrogen. If left alone, the lower leaves will eventually fall off, and the problem will continue from bottom to top until the plant cannibalizes itself in search for nitrogen.

Luckily, nitrogen deficiencies are extremely easy to deal with. Usually, you just need to bump up the dosage of your balanced nutrient by 10-15%. This means that if you’ve been giving your cannabis plants 10mL of 10-10-10 every day, then try 11-11.5mL. You always should increase dosages slowly to make sure you don’t create another problem: toxicity.

You’ll know if your plant is recovering if the yellowing doesn’t continue and leaves begin to regain their healthy green shade. Light green is always a sign that a nitrogen deficiency is close to happening.

The worst time for a nitrogen deficiency is at the beginning of the vegetative stage, where the plant is focusing on growing foliage that will help once the flowering stage begins. Alternatively, it’s at the end of flowering that growers tend to intentionally create a nitrogen deficiency to rid the plant of chlorophyll

GSM may well be right ,try it if if you get no signs of improvement I would be thinking the above

If this is indeed the case you would need to flush with PH water and test the runoff

I'm guessing your runoff is going to be high EC reading

Keep flushing until the EC goes down to 0.8

This may take a lot of water

Once you have the correct run off readings then feed your plant 0.8 EC and normal PH 6 0

The reason your runoff may read very high is that you have been feeding at a rate it's impossible for that small seedling to take it all in

So the nutrients remain in the soil

The result of this your ph and EC reading in your medium will not be the same as you are putting in

Leading to PH lockout, the plant is unable to absorb any nutrients and starts cannibalizing itself

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Nitrogen deficiency has to be one of the most common problems that growers face. Suddenly your marijuana plant is turning yellow. You don’t understand why the lower leaves are beginning to wither and die off, but you do see it as a problem. Before you go throwing more plant nutrient, stop and identify the problem.

It’s common that growers do more harm than good when they blindly start adding things to their cannabis crop without first identifying the issue at hand.

The biggest giveaway for nitrogen deficiency is the yellowing of lower leaves. The reason this occurs is that the plant has run out of available nitrogen to uptake. This causes higher leaves that are closer to the light to steal the lower leaves’ nitrogen. If left alone, the lower leaves will eventually fall off, and the problem will continue from bottom to top until the plant cannibalizes itself in search for nitrogen.

Luckily, nitrogen deficiencies are extremely easy to deal with. Usually, you just need to bump up the dosage of your balanced nutrient by 10-15%. This means that if you’ve been giving your cannabis plants 10mL of 10-10-10 every day, then try 11-11.5mL. You always should increase dosages slowly to make sure you don’t create another problem: toxicity.

You’ll know if your plant is recovering if the yellowing doesn’t continue and leaves begin to regain their healthy green shade. Light green is always a sign that a nitrogen deficiency is close to happening.

The worst time for a nitrogen deficiency is at the beginning of the vegetative stage, where the plant is focusing on growing foliage that will help once the flowering stage begins. Alternatively, it’s at the end of flowering that growers tend to intentionally create a nitrogen deficiency to rid the plant of chlorophyll

GSM may well be right ,try it if if you get no signs of improvement I would be thinking the above

If this is indeed the case you would need to flush with PH water and test the runoff

Once you have the correct run off readings then feed your plant 0.8 EC and normal PH 6 0

The reason your runoff may read very high is that you have been feeding at a rate it's impossible for that small seedling to take it all in

The result of this your ph and EC reading in your medium will not be the same as you are putting in

Leading to PH lockout, the plant is unable to absorb any nutrients and starts cannibalizing itself

Wow! Thanks micmac. This is very informative.

I will flush the plant with pH 6.0 water and report back.

Nitrogen deficiency has to be one of the most common problems that growers face. Suddenly your marijuana plant is turning yellow. You don’t understand why the lower leaves are beginning to wither and die off, but you do see it as a problem. Before you go throwing more plant nutrient, stop and identify the problem.

The biggest giveaway for nitrogen deficiency is the yellowing of lower leaves. The reason this occurs is that the plant has run out of available nitrogen to uptake. This causes higher leaves that are closer to the light to steal the lower leaves’ nitrogen. If left alone, the lower leaves will eventually fall off, and the problem will continue from bottom to top until the plant cannibalizes itself in search for nitrogen.

Luckily, nitrogen deficiencies are extremely easy to deal with. Usually, you just need to bump up the dosage of your balanced nutrient by 10-15%. This means that if you’ve been giving your cannabis plants 10mL of 10-10-10 every day, then try 11-11.5mL. You always should increase dosages slowly to make sure you don’t create another problem: toxicity.

The worst time for a nitrogen deficiency is at the beginning of the vegetative stage, where the plant is focusing on growing foliage that will help once the flowering stage begins. Alternatively, it’s at the end of flowering that growers tend to intentionally create a nitrogen deficiency to rid the plant of chlorophyll

Hey micmac, flushed the plant and now EC is hovering around 0.9-1.1 and pH of 6. It seem to have stopped the bleaching of the leaves however, I think it might have been caused by lights being a bit close more than anything. I have started keeping the lights about further away from the plant. Has anyone else noticed leaves bleaching due to lights?