Need general advice, newbie

Hi,

I’ve recently purchased some very basic equipment and am trying to grow a couple plants. I have very little knowledge and have a crude set up, would love some advice

The black lamp is mainly to generate heat as it’s in a cold room. The lights are just cheap ones from wish. Have basic nutrients like fish emulsion. The mix is choir peat. Two small fans inside for circulation, it had an exhaust fan but I removed it because I wasn’t sure if it was necessary

post-66918-159003306522_thumb.jpgpost-66918-159003310037_thumb.jpgpost-66918-159003316145_thumb.jpgpost-66918-159003319328_thumb.jpg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Did you just water it? Coco looks quite wet atm also you've got nite burn (tips all dry and crispy). I'm assuming you don't have a ph meter? Give it a good flush with plain water 2x the volume of the current pot it's planted in and let it dry out completely before watering again (2-3 days). How much nutes are you feeding it?

Also those lights will grow but don't expect too much when flowering.

Hmmm I disagree a little, if it’s just coco and perlite, I’d never let it dry out, in becomes hyperbolic and Is quite hard to rehydrate. A little tip burn isn’t bad before I had an ec meter I’d increase the nutes until slight tip burn then back off slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by Postman pat

I had just flushed the pots actually haha that’s why they look soaked, I figured I fed them too much.

I haven’t given it any nutrients since the date I originally posted and the bigger plant is doing much better.

What can I do about my lights? Especially for when this plant gets bigger, do I just need a more powerful light?

I had just flushed the pots actually haha that’s why they look soaked, I figured I fed them too much.

I haven’t given it any nutrients since the date I originally posted and the bigger plant is doing much better.

What can I do about my lights? Especially for when this plant gets bigger, do I just need a more powerful light?

I am in the process of growing for the first time too! Get something better than the wish grow lights. They are pretty mediocre. I have had good experience with HPS lights, but there are some LED's too that come close to hps. Shitty lights = less harvest in my eyes.

Sent from a phone with internet

Hmmm I disagree a little, if it’s just coco and perlite, I’d never let it dry out, in becomes hyperbolic and Is quite hard to rehydrate. A little tip burn isn’t bad before I had an ec meter I’d increase the nutes until slight tip burn then back off slightly.

Hyperbolic?

I am in the process of growing for the first time too! Get something better than the wish grow lights. They are pretty mediocre. I have had good experience with HPS lights, but there are some LED's too that come close to hps. Shitty lights = less harvest in my eyes.

Sent from a phone with internet

Where did you get your lights from? Do you use the one set for the whole grow?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app