More proof, NZ ahead of the game.

Parts of Tassie remind me of New Zealand.

Whats the feeling about the impact this may have in Australia?

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/business-advice/politics/greens-cannabis-legalisation/

The Greens have been highlighting the commercial benefits as well as the social justice element of the prohibition debate, Labor are less enthusiastic but the COALition may be a bit more intransigent I fear.

Myself I believe that commerce will lead the way and eventually the coalition will see a huge untaxed market they are missing out on.

Any thoughts ?  What can us mere mortals do to influence public opinion and our policy makers?

It seems bigger than Ben Hur at the moment but if the Kiwis can do it we can.

Yours optimistically

Mick

the NZ greens tried something similar in their 2017 election and fell flat and it's unlikely to get them anywhere here as well although it's true it's just a matter of time. The ACT is the litmus test to see what impact legalising/decriminalising has on society and whether there are any adverse effects that will hinder or prevent the national roll out sometime in the future. If it is smooth sailing in Canberra and NZ follow suit and legalise it then it should happen for everyone else. The ball is already rolling without needing any additional societal impetus to move it and should gain momentum over time.

given canberians can currently grow 2 plants solo or 4 plants duo or by gaming the system why assume anything to the contrary. To be able to freely grow 4 trees outside without fear of prosecution and have nearly 2 ozs in possession is a damn fine start for everybody except the current crop of cash stackers that see their income threatened. Anything sold by a vendor will probably be more expensive than home grown anyway so still a margin of opportunity to continue on albeit in a reduced market. 

the NZ greens tried something similar in their 2017 election and fell flat and it's unlikely to get them anywhere here as well although it's true it's just a matter of time. The ACT is the litmus test to see what impact legalising/decriminalising has on society and whether there are any adverse effects that will hinder or prevent the national roll out sometime in the future. If it is smooth sailing in Canberra and NZ follow suit and legalise it then it should happen for everyone else. The ball is already rolling without needing any additional societal impetus to move it and should gain momentum over time.

I think you are probably right, I sure hope so. I think we have closely followed a couple of other Kiwi leads more recently, every push in the right direction helps