Eco Neem Folar Application Rate

I've got what seems to be a couple of bugs (I think) on a couple of leaves. Plants are 8 days into stretch from 12 12. Look really healthy but just wanting to do a bit of preventative spraying.

What rate do folks use per litre? I won't be doing a drench as I'm not in soil. I don't want to burn the leaves. Just a folar spray.

Cheers, MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I use the Eco-Oil as recommended on my House Plants at 10Ml per liter as a folar spray after it rains.

Doesn't worry them a bit...Makes the leaves nice and glossy.

If you are concerned just use at the lowest recommended rate of 2.5 Ml per liter

I also use it at 10ml per liter as a drench on my Canna to get rids of the Spring Tales. From memory you use it as a drench for the Gnat Larvae, and its works well for all of that

Edited by buzzo
  • Upvote 1

I have some eco-neem and I can't find any definitive information about whether I can mix it with other things.

I have 3 chilli plants and I know they have attracted spider mites so I want to avoid that happening to my new plants.

So what I want to know is, if I'm growing in coco and using Canna coco nutrients, can I just mix them all together?

I will spray them regularly too but I want to put it in the coco too just to be safe.

So how does that all work? Will it mess with the pH or EC

I have some eco-neem and I can't find any definitive information about whether I can mix it with other things.

I have 3 chilli plants and I know they have attracted spider mites so I want to avoid that happening to my new plants.

So what I want to know is, if I'm growing in coco and using Canna coco nutrients, can I just mix them all together?

I will spray them regularly too but I want to put it in the coco too just to be safe.

So how does that all work? Will it mess with the pH or EC

Hi Anoma, 

Eco neem https://ecoorganicgarden.com.au/products/pest-disease/eco-neem/ doesn’t affect ec or ph of nutrient solution when used by itself with a nutrient mix. At least not in my tank. I’m coco with canna outdoors. 

Has a half life in the media of around 2-3 weeks as far as I remember. It’s systemic, so traces may end up in your trichs. I’m not too fond of it as a drench to be honest.

Reason being it makes the root ball sort of hydrophobic. The next few feeds after root drench treatment is a pita. The nute solution wants to run off the root ball rather than absorb. The oils I guess. Dry spots and ec spikes inside the ball??

Anyways.

Spidermites like dry and dusty. Keep your plants hostile to thier likes and more than likely they will set up shop elsewhere.

Good luck.

Hi Anoma, 

Eco neem https://ecoorganicgarden.com.au/products/pest-disease/eco-neem/ doesn’t affect ec or ph of nutrient solution when used by itself with a nutrient mix. At least not in my tank. I’m coco with canna outdoors. 

Has a half life in the media of around 2-3 weeks as far as I remember. It’s systemic, so traces may end up in your trichs. I’m not too fond of it as a drench to be honest.

Reason being it makes the root ball sort of hydrophobic. The next few feeds after root drench treatment is a pita. The nute solution wants to run off the root ball rather than absorb. The oils I guess. Dry spots and ec spikes inside the ball??

Anyways.

Spidermites like dry and dusty. Keep your plants hostile to thier likes and more than likely they will set up shop elsewhere.

Good luck.

Intersting, thanks Blu.

I don't want hydrophobic plants because I've gone through that with my chillis and shitty Bunnings soil.

I was intending to put it in my 80L nutrient tank but I after reading some other threads it seems like a drench is only needed every couple of weeks so I think I'll just make up another batch to use irregularly.

As I mentioned though I do intend to do a spray pretty regularly so hopefully that takes care of the dry and dusty thing you were talking about.

Edited by Anoma