First grow - Want to learn from mistakes

Hello everyone,

This is my first grow, I lived in an apartment earlier and had no idea how to grow but wanted to do something so got a few autofem seeds and as a result I started growing my own. I had never grown a plant before in my life. :/

So, about this beauty.. It is auto amnesia haze, however, it is 7 weeks old. I am not sure how tall should it be around this stage but it does look to be a bit stunted? I have got a bit of nutrient burn too but I had not giving any nutrients in the first 3-4 weeks and when got to know what to do then got a bit overzealous.

I am using Manutec fertilizer, which is the best one I could find in Bunnings. I am using small led lights (ordered hps a few days ago). The light schedule is 19-5/20-4. It is about of a mixed grow, I put it outdoors for almost 8 hours and then bring it back in the evening. Haven't seen many people do that either. Is it bad?

Any pointers on how I can accelerate the growth a bit would be highly appreciated. Soil is the Orchid soil from Bunnings as well.

Cheers!2f378a8d88a90f518190bebc6add60c8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The plant actually looks pretty healthy. I'm guessing it's the Led inside which is slowing things down. You'll probably find that under the hps it will take off. You're in a fabric pot which is good for newbies as it dries out the soil quicker. Newbies tend to water too much so maybe keep a check on that? That size wouldn't need too much watering at all.

I'm sure others will chime in. Good luck.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The plant actually looks pretty healthy. I'm guessing it's the Led inside which is slowing things down. You'll probably find that under the hps it will take off. You're in a fabric pot which is good for newbies as it dries out the soil quicker. Newbies tend to water too much so maybe keep a check on that? That size wouldn't need too much watering at all.

I'm sure others will chime in. Good luck.

MLG

Thank you MLG. I am just really conscious of the size as I've seen people grow huge plants here. I got to know about topping just yesterday and I'm not sure if my plant is already past the stage of topping.

If 7 weeks then it should be flowering but doesn't look like it. Depends on what you want out of it. Looks like you're more worried about keeping it small rather than yeild which is fair as well. I'd top it now if that's the case.

Thank you MLG. I am just really conscious of the size as I've seen people grow huge plants here. I got to know about topping just yesterday and I'm not sure if my plant is already past the stage of topping.

Smallest yet healthy 7 Week old Plant I have ever seen...I'm tipping its not Auto or its an F1 Auto with the Auto Gene but just a fast flowering Photo.

Probably just as well or it would be the same size as now and already well into flower.

Keep doing what you are doing and get it onto that HPS as soon as you can...I would put her on 24 hour lighting to start with.

Plants stretch out big time when they start flowering...When you start seeing White Hairs at the Nodes then you know its getting close to flowering.

If the white Hairs don't increase at the growth sites and it just keeps pumping out white hairs at the Nodes then it's a photo and will need to go on 12/12 lighting

to induce Flowering.

You can make it flower now regardless, just reduce the lighting to 12/12, if you want to hurry things along or if you want a really compact plant.

If 7 weeks then it should be flowering but doesn't look like it. Depends on what you want out of it. Looks like you're more worried about keeping it small rather than yeild which is fair as well. I'd top it now if that's the case.

Thank you! I will try and top it today and will report back in a couple of days. :)

Sent from a phone with internet

Smallest yet healthy 7 Week old Plant I have ever seen...I'm tipping its not Auto or its an F1 Auto with the Auto Gene but just a fast flowering Photo.

Probably just as well or it would be the same size as now and already well into flower.

Keep doing what you are doing and get it onto that HPS as soon as you can...I would put her on 24 hour lighting to start with.

Plants stretch out big time when they start flowering...When you start seeing White Hairs at the Nodes then you know its getting close to flowering.

If the white Hairs don't increase at the growth sites and it just keeps pumping out white hairs at the Nodes then it's a photo and will need to go on 12/12 lighting

to induce Flowering.

You can make it flower now regardless, just reduce the lighting to 12/12, if you want to hurry things along or if you want a really compact plant.

Thanks buzzo! I've taken care of it like I would if I had a kid. I guess stunted growth is due to the first 3-4 weeks where I could not provide it more than 6-7 hours of sunlight. I ordered HPS a week and a half ago but Auspost is just taking a piss right now and haven't been able to deliver the package which was due to be delivered last Monday. Hopefully I'll have it with me soon.

Sent from a phone with internet