Smell gone hrs after going in jar.

Hi, This is about buds already cured and long term storage. i know i know everyone stores their nugs( in airtight glass mason jars and keep humidity at around 60%.

Sounds so easy. That is exactly what i do, i have tried the screw on lid mason jars and the older style mason jars

that you find in op shops that have the metal latch and rubber seal ring.

The trouble i have is every time i get some very nice smelling and potent buds, i put them into jars(as bags kill em)

and in a matter of hours they have lost most of them smell, after a while they look darker, feel harder, taste harsher and not as potent.

Am i missing something? 

I have gone over and over trying find what iv missed but im doing it exactly how everyone says to do it.

Thanks.

Edited by armour77

Hi, This is about buds already cured and long term storage. i know i know everyone stores their nugs( in airtight glass mason jars and keep humidity at around 60%.

Sounds so easy. That is exactly what i do, i have tried the screw on lid mason jars and the older style mason jars

that you find in op shops that have the metal latch and rubber seal ring.

The trouble i have is every time i get some very nice smelling and potent buds, i put them into jars(as bags kill em)

and in a matter of hours they have lost most of them smell, after a while they look darker, feel harder, taste harsher and not as potent.

Am i missing something? 

I have gone over and over trying find what iv missed but im doing it exactly how everyone says to do it.

Thanks.

Happens to mine sometimes bit I think it is strain related. As for losing strength no, mine get better over time. Usually the buds that don't smell very much (I am talking my situation) smell great when ground up and smoke really well. Are your jars squeaky clean? I clean mine with bleach and sit them open for about a week to get rid of any bleach odours. I do this in case there has been some mould or other shit breeding up when not in use. I only ever use the Masons with the wire clamp and rubber gasket. I put a small smear of Vaseline on the gasket to keep it moist and to stop it from cracking over time. Other than that I can't help very much.