• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Any Harlequin growers?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

lady420

lady420

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None

Hi all.
My first post in here (medical forum) asking about medical mj. I purchased some harlequin seeds and they are about 13 weeks from germination and nearly 6 weeks since flipping. I want to make a cbd oil from them. I would like the best time to harvest to get the most amount of CBD.  What I have read they need to be harvested earlier to get the best amount of CBD??. Attached some pictures from early this morning. The trichomes: some still a little sparkly but most are cloudy white.
Any help appreciated. 

Plant one

Attached File  H2 P1.jpg   94.95K   17 downloads

Attached File  H3 P1.jpg   100.76K   16 downloads

Attached File  H7P1.jpg   112.82K   16 downloads

Plant two,
Attached File  H1 P2.jpg   107.32K   16 downloads

Attached File  H5 P2.jpg   122.23K   16 downloads

Attached File  H6 P2.jpg   119.77K   15 downloads

Attached File  H4 P2.jpg   105.25K   15 downloads

PS: Very sticky and the odour is mild but beautifully sweet :-) 

I may be nice but I am NOT stupid!  
                                                                                               :nono:

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

lady420

lady420

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 Posts:

PSS: I am aware that plant two is a bit nitrogen toxic. Both been fed the same at the same times so dunno how that happened. 

micmac

micmac

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7617 Posts:
Imo they got a bit to go yet ,6 weeks ,how long since white hairs ?
I thought more CBD would be present when the plant is near the end ,may be 10 or more weeks
What does the breeder say?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

lady420

lady420

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 Posts:

Thanks. 
since white hairs, hmmm 2 weeks.

breeders says 56 - 63 days.

Gokugonemad2

Gokugonemad2

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
Haven’t been here in a while, and I lack hands-on experience but I research CBD.

This is a difficult question because it seems the experts can’t even agree. I’ve read articles saying that a late harvest maximises CBD, but I’ve also listened to podcasts and read instructions from reputable breeders that say early harvest definitely maximises CBD. I lean towards the early harvest theory because I’ve heard more actual breeders say it verbally. But it’s not fully clear to me why it is so. It could be simply that CBD starts to ripen earlier than THC, so if u harvest early u get high CBD simply because THC didn’t start to properly ripen yet, thus skewing the cannabinoid profile towards a CBD-heavy profile.

I know for sure that if you have selected high CBD genetics, u will get high CBD no matter what u do. Im confident u will be served well
If you simply harvest when the plant indicates it’s ready to harvest. Just don’t harvest really late unless ur chasing CBN sleepy meds

Gokugonemad2

Gokugonemad2

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
Probably should clarify. The breeders were saying ‘beginning of harvest window’ to maximise cbd. So not EARLY early.

In my opinion if you have chosen high cbd genetics to begin with, then you would be silly to harvest early or with clear trichomes. U already know there is some THC to be expected in the cannabinoid profile so I would let it properly express itself, get all the trichs milky and maybe see some amber, don’t worry the CBD won’t degrade or disappear suddenly if harvesting late

lady420

lady420

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 Posts:

Cheers thanks heaps. Appreciate your input..

nici

nici

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1227 Posts:
CBD works best with some THC in the mix. With a typical hybrid strain you harvest late after the THC production has peaked and starts to degrade. I personally would harvest harlequin at 60/40 to 70/30 trichomes. I have some Candida (CD-1), that I'll be harvesting at 50/50 due to its already high CBD content.

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||----|||---On Your
---|||----|||---account If
---|||----|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too...
More compassion in this world is what we need!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What to expect when buying and using the Australia Post Load&Go rechargable credit card - https://cannabis.com...go-easy-as-123/

lady420

lady420

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 Posts:

Thank you :-) 
I can't wait to harvest them. She smells so sweet. 

CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.