World wide glut on MJ seeds

I had zip lock bags of seeds from 10 years ago. Never thought I'd grow again so they just sat in a box. Tried the float test, only 1 sunk. Literally hundreds of seeds dried out and wasted :(

From memory they were Aussie Blue, Super Silve Haze and some white strain I can't remember. Sucks hard.

• Upvote 1

. Tried the float test, only 1 sunk. Literally hundreds of seeds dried out and wasted :(

the float test can be misleading since some may be more water absorbent than others and will sink faster. If they are floating after 24hrs give them a tap to see if they sink. If not either gently sand the outer layer to remove its hardened shell or if you are more adventurous use a magnifying lamp and scalpel to prise it open to allow water to get to the embryo. To test the seeds viability before anything else is done place it between a thumb and forefinger and squeeze it. If it turns to dust you'll know for sure it has dried out.

• Upvote 1

just plant a heap in some seed raising mix bet they cant all be fucked 

Half potting mix, half damp paper towel method

the float test can be misleading since some may be more water absorbent than others and will sink faster. If they are floating after 24hrs give them a tap to see if they sink. If not either gently sand the outer layer to remove its hardened shell or if you are more adventurous use a magnifying lamp and scalpel to prise it open to allow water to get to the embryo. To test the seeds viability before anything else is done place it between a thumb and forefinger and squeeze it. If it turns to dust you'll know for sure it has dried out.

Thanks guys. I looked today and they all have sunk! I'm not getting my hopes up but holy shit if they all germinate I'm gonna need to buy a block of land somewhere haha.

I guess I just figured firstly, that the seeds are so old no way they're gonna be viable and secondly, that so many people talk about the float test that they must be right.

If anyone is at all interested I will post again once I see if they germinate or not.

• Upvote 1

What's strain do u think it is, or unknown bagseeds ?

Is that question to me? They're either Aussie Blue, Super Silver Haze or a white strain (possibly White Rhino). For some dumb reason I labelled them A, B and C instead of their names. I really had no clue what I was doing 10+ years ago.

Is that question to me? They're either Aussie Blue, Super Silver Haze or a white strain (possibly White Rhino). For some dumb reason I labelled them A, B and C instead of their names. I really had no clue what I was doing 10+ years ago.

Ok and pmsfl, I can't remember 2 days ago, let alone 10 years lol ..