Bunnings Nutes

I'll have to check out that gear.

This is my very first grow and buying nutes is confusing as fuck.

I went with the biodiesel pack for 180 which had their whole range included. I liked that it's organic and it's easier being a beginner just to follow their feeding chart and not have to worry.

But them I'm wondering am I putting shit in there that's doing f all. Never grown before so don't really know if the plants are performing any better than they would on just cheap base nutes.

Their silica product claims to make the plant stronger and I've been pumping that in with every feed. At 3.5 weeks my stems are thicker and chunky at the base so I guess it's doing what it says.

Here's some pics of how they are doing on the Biodiesel.

That's right, just base nutes. Mine have an a and b for grow and an a and b for bloom. Costs about $70 for each 5l set. Cyco is the brand.

post-66460-158513655357_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158513656666_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158513658027_thumb.jpegpost-66460-158513666799_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

As mentioned above all you need is base nutes, silica is very good to use it is common in outdoor soils and probably would be included in a+b base nutes but it does not stay stable very easily in solution. I personally now am using orthosilic acid mainly because it doesn't raise my ph crazy amounts. Great to use as a preventative for pests and diseases, sub par enviormental conditions ie too much heat

Other additives can potentially work, but in reality the increase they will give is minimal compared to having a proper growing enviorment + proper nutrition. One place these additives, often hormones often found as cold pressed seaweed extracts are that they can alleviate the effects of a subpar growing enviorments.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Frank

I went to quite a bit of effort to give them the best possible environment. Got a humidity controller with a humidifier running at 60. Exhaust fan is run by a temp controller set on 28. And I even threw an intake filter on to avoid sucking in any mould spores or bugs.

Just got my res and pumps set up for automatic feeding so I won't be opening the door as often.

As mentioned above all you need is base nutes, silica is very good to use it is common in outdoor soils and probably would be included in a+b base nutes but it does not stay stable very easily in solution. I personally now am using orthosilic acid mainly because it doesn't raise my ph crazy amounts. Great to use as a preventative for pests and diseases, sub par enviormental conditions ie too much heat

Other additives can potentially work, but in reality the increase they will give is minimal compared to having a proper growing enviorment + proper nutrition. One place these additives, often hormones often found as cold pressed seaweed extracts are that they can alleviate the effects of a subpar growing enviorments.

which of their products are you using Gazza? the liquid stuff? only problem I see with their ratio blends is that it might be difficult to get enough P during flower.

Toss some PK to supplement maybe?

isn't the bloom lower in Nitrogen

you grow in soil or Coco?

I was just looking at Nutrifields line up, only difference in NPK is more PK in bloom, same nitrogen

The extra PK will make the plant stretch more when in veg, but bulk flowers when in bloom (dont use it the first few weeks during stretch also)

Grow 1-1-3 + 3-0-2

Bloom 1-2-3 + 3-0-5

Edited by thedrunk
  • Upvote 1