Bud rot anyone?

I live on the mid north coast NSW and grow medicinal for my son. We have had a heap of rain this year and one of my Northern lights got collar rot and fell over the other has serious bud rot which gets worse every day. 

Still just a little early to cut down but that might be the only way i can save some bud.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Edited by wearthefoxhat

yeh mate I think a lot of us will be chopping a bit of mold out of our buds this year. The lack of sunshine plus lots of rain and humidity is not too good .

I have a pineapple chunk nearly 6 weeks into flowering but it's so dense that I'm starting to need to chop little bits off here and there despite lots of air flow from a fan. 

Ideally this variety needs about 70 days I'll be lucky if it reaches 60 the way its going . touch wood but my sativas are fine  

• Upvote 1

I live on the mid north coast NSW and grow medicinal for my son. We have had a heap of rain this year and one of my Northern lights got collar rot and fell over the other has serious bud rot which gets worse every day. 

Still just a little early to cut down but that might be the only way i can save some bud.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Yep I'm on the mid north coast as well and depending what strain I grow outside, every season I get bud mould on some plants. I found a product on ebay named Crop Guard. Have used it when I find mould on a plant. Just mix it with water and spray/soak the infected area as well as under the leaves and on good healthy parts of the plant. It works pretty well and I just cut out the rotten parts at harvest. It can be used right up until harvest as it is organic. Contains foliar nutrients, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Not only does it contain the bud rot from spreading it enhances the buds/heads size and colour. $19 free postage. Now I am growing plants that are either fully sativa (they don't go into flower when the wet months of summer are hitting us) or sativa/indica strain with bigger % sativa than indica. When the sun eventually does come out the rot just dries up and dies. The first bottle cost $48 now $19

spacer.gif spacer.gif  
  • Upvote 1

All you can do is chop the mouldy bits out and throw it away and hope for the best

Been chopping mould out for weeks here, will get a result tho, just not as good as I hoped for, if you don't chop it out it will spread far and wide, and decimate your crop

To much Co2 causes shitty weather a lack of sunshine and mouldy plants, IMO 

• Upvote 2

All you can do is chop the mouldy bits out and throw it away and hope for the best

Been chopping mould out for weeks here, will get a result tho, just not as good as I hoped for, if you don't chop it out it will spread far and wide, and decimate your crop

To much Co2 causes shitty weather a lack of sunshine and mouldy plants, IMO 

Yeah but chopping it out if not extremely careful can spread it.

Yep I'm on the mid north coast as well and depending what strain I grow outside, every season I get bud mould on some plants. I found a product on ebay named Crop Guard. Have used it when I find mould on a plant. Just mix it with water and spray/soak the infected area as well as under the leaves and on good healthy parts of the plant. It works pretty well and I just cut out the rotten parts at harvest. It can be used right up until harvest as it is organic. Contains foliar nutrients, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Not only does it contain the bud rot from spreading it enhances the buds/heads size and colour. $19 free postage. Now I am growing plants that are either fully sativa (they don't go into flower when the wet months of summer are hitting us) or sativa/indica strain with bigger % sativa than indica. When the sun eventually does come out the rot just dries up and dies. The first bottle cost $48 now $19

spacer.gifspacer.gif  

This stuff?

https://nulandis.com/sites/default/files/downloads/Crop%20Guard%20%2890%29%20label.pdf

Yeah but chopping it out if not extremely careful can spread it.

Maybe, its not my experience tho, but it probably depends on what sort of mould and how long its been there for

check me plants everyday here, I reckon the longer you leave it the more chance it will spread mould spores, and probably spread when you chop it out if ya not careful 

need to keep on top of shit when the weather turns to shit hey 

• Upvote 1