Outdoor organic late year grow 2020

Was telling Micmac ,,very much in context.considering the subject at hand is aeration.

And may I say ,,bark isn't very good at all for aeration ,,,use it and ya barking up the wrong tree.

Booooo...hisssss.....lame dad joke S.Edge.....not one of your best. lol. Stick to growing, comedy isn't one of your strengths. [emoji2957][emoji2957]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Perlite and vermiculite are both used to improve moisture retention and aeration in soil. They are used in a similar manner, but they are not interchangeable. Perlite and vermiculite are quite different in composition and in how they improve your soil. Determining which is better for use in your garden depends on your plants and their needs.

• Upvote 2

Well you better check your facts

Yes it can be used together or by itself

As perlite can be used by itself

Horticultural Uses

Both vermiculite and perlite are used in the garden to prevent soil compaction, improve aeration and retain moisture. They're also used in propagation of new plants and seed cultivations, as well as in indoor container growing, composting and on lawns.

However, the way that each material retains water, and how much water is retained, makes each one suitable for different plants. Vermiculite is ideal for plants that prefer lots of water, such as forget-me-nots and some irises. Perlite would dry out too rapidly for water-loving plants. However, the amount of water vermiculite holds is not ideal for plants such as cacti or rhododendrons, which need a well-drained soil. The moisture retained by vermiculite would lead to root rots or plant death.

So it depends what the OP needs

You can't use perlite for everything SE

Well you better check your facts

Yes it can be used together or by itself

As perlite can be used by itself

Horticultural Uses

Both vermiculite and perlite are used in the garden to prevent soil compaction, improve aeration and retain moisture. They're also used in propagation of new plants and seed cultivations, as well as in indoor container growing, composting and on lawns.

However, the way that each material retains water, and how much water is retained, makes each one suitable for different plants. Vermiculite is ideal for plants that prefer lots of water, such as forget-me-nots and some irises. Perlite would dry out too rapidly for water-loving plants. However, the amount of water vermiculite holds is not ideal for plants such as cacti or rhododendrons, which need a well-drained soil. The moisture retained by vermiculite would lead to root rots or plant death.

So it depends what the OP needs

You can't use perlite for everything SE

I don't need to read or copy shit ,,this is a canna forum and we talking canna growing .

Whatever you add Vermiculite to it will aid in holding water.

You want it to hold air ? Fine don't wet it.

By the way I ain't talking about perlite ,,,you trying to distort what I'm saying ?

• Upvote 3

Ok guys. Here's a completely new idea.

How bout just starting the plants of in Coco. Coco has good airation and works well to start the plants of.

Coco could also be mixed into my worm castngs. Ontop of that I could use a fertiliser generally used for tomato's on my plants and also add some lime into the mix to help it all out with calcium to nitrogen balance.

I will also be watering with molasis and mixing in the nuetrients in this to help feed the plant and the microbiology in the living soil.