$30 led panels?

Has anyone had any experience using these newer cheap ebay burples? Claim to be 45w which sounds about right.

Eg, @ $30 each, free post, could i fit out a 4 x 4 x 6.5ft tent with 4 or even 9 of these units and get a decent result (compared with 1 x 600w hps) in regards to flowering?

They also come in a slightly smaller rectangular format for around $25. Both units claim to be fanless which is interesting. Have the usual distribution of led types (mainly red, blue, uv, infared and white).

To give a square footprint in my tent, using 9 of these ($30 × 9 = $270) compared with shelling out $850+ for a quantum board setup, I wonder how they both compare yieldwise?post-66397-158228415964_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

They Don't compare

I'm inclined to think the same micmac.

However, some think otherwise, and have had (apparently) decent results with other burple models:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/for-all-the-blurple-haters-learn-how-to-use-them-you-wont-hate-them.106909/

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/in-defense-of-blurple-lights.470319/

(Credit to 'bloodhungry' at thcfarmer.com for attached photo)post-66397-158228893087_thumb.jpeg

For $270 you could have a HPS setup ,,600w of awesomeness.

A proper light for the job ,,not them pink light toys.

Ive been rocking the 600w hps or multiples of them, for 15yrs, and they are great. But power in aust isnt getting any cheaper. Also, all the other issues like poor light spread, heat (always big issue in my part of au) especially in tent, noise from fans for heat removal, etc.

Yeah most eBay chinalights are pretty crap, also even though they are fan-less they would still put out a bit of heat especially if you group them together, you would still need something to exchange the air.

Thanks jester, do you have any experiences you can share with using these chinalights?

Mate that's not a good plant , lucky to be 1oz on it

You say u been running hps,you need a exchange of air regardless what light you buy

Surely u can't compare that to any you've hps grows you had , or can you?

Cheap LED don't work No matter what any body tries to tell you , they don't know what a grow looks like cause they never really had 1

I would stay away from cheap blurple

If you are thinking of buying 9 of them

9x30= 270$

For that money you can get quantum board qb288 v2 from alibaba.com delivered in 3-4 days to your door by dhl

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62326392697/Meijiu-Best-Seller-lm301H-QB288-V3.html?spm=a2706.wap_new_search.1998817009.8.436a284fnwg2H1&__detailProductImg=%2F%2Fs.alicdn.com%2F%40sc01%2Fkf%2FH3a4a7484f0d54d0cb1935e8ff4b3a3504%2FMeijiu-Best-Seller-lm301H-QB288-V3-Led.jpg_140x140xz.jpg

Draws 240w from the wall and it is a great bang for the buck option if you want to try something new other then hps

Ive been rocking the 600w hps or multiples of them, for 15yrs, and they are great. But power in aust isnt getting any cheaper. Also, all the other issues like poor light spread, heat (always big issue in my part of au) especially in tent, noise from fans for heat removal, etc.

So you reckon you'll save power with 600 w of led rather Han 600 w HPS ??? Wrong

What's " all the other issues like poor light spread " about ?.you saying HPS has poor light spread ?.wrong!

Tent noise from fans ?.. you still talking HPS there ?

• Upvote 1