New tent setup, lightning?

Yeah I actually might just leave it open as one unit, could help with keeping the temp down too. Those spiderfarmer lights look the goods. So I was going to grow with a soilless medium, Coco, perlite, and maybe peat moss and just hand water the plants. I've seen a few different feeding methods for your plants but just want to keep it simple to get me started.

I personally can't recommend these spider farmers yet as I haven't used them i would want to complete a harvest before recommending., but do know they are knock off's which most likely means the diodes won't be as efficient, but the spectrum seems very good. 

As for the medium, I think your plan sounds good but it's not the only choice, lots of members can help you with an organic potting mix with all nutrients included if you just want to add water, not my personal style but I've come to realization that coco can be hard to manage for some people. 

Edited by Frank Reynolds

Not too sure, about the organics.

There is no difference between for example canna brand blocks and bagged stuff, you would just need to add water to the block to expand it. 

But the bricked stuff at bunnings is not suitable for hydroponics unless treated first. You want to be getting washed and buffered coco regardless of brick or bagged

I personally can't recommend these spider farmers yet as I haven't used them i would want to complete a harvest before recommending., but do know they are knock off's which most likely means the diodes won't be as efficient, but the spectrum seems very good.

As for the medium, I think your plan sounds good but it's not the only choice, lots of members can help you with an organic potting mix with all nutrients included if you just want to add water, not my personal style but I've come to realization that coco can be hard to manage for some people.

They still use the same Samsung leds as the original mob (HLG?), so hopefully efficiency will be the same, unless its to do with the driver?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yeh they claim they do, from reading around the internet I've seen forum posts of people in contact with sansumg who claim that no chinese company has an open contract with them. As well as looking into the chinese import taxes, it would be impossible for them to import real samsung diodes then charge half the price. In saying that, it seems that these knockoff diodes are very similar just lack as much efficiency as the real ones. Again take it all with a grain of salt i have no solid imformation.

I will try and get my hands on a good light meter to test this led out myself.