Polination advice. When Boi meets Gurl.

Old fox

Collected male pollen in moccona jar over last few days. Added pinch of plain flour to keep things dry, and stored in fridge. Plan to make babies as soon as rain and wind clears. I'll pick a calm day, and wash hands, change clothes etc. to avoid accidental pollination. I'll dust a branch each from handful of different strains with a small brush. Plan on dusting a lower branch on each. Do I dust the entire length of branch, or just a few inches, near tip? Im after about 100 seeds from each plant. Mood music, scented candles, poetry and chocolates are ready. post-65010-158156610657_thumb.jpegpost-65010-158156612486_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

[emoji108][emoji41][emoji106] try and hit the lower flower sites week 1 - 3 of bloom. And I'd be very careful as your open air pollinating correct?

1 partical of pollen creates 1 seed.

The whole branch start off with, 20-30cm branch will get yoy welll over 100 seeds. Happy Breeding Old fox , what strain again ?

Edited by kloud9

[emoji108][emoji41][emoji106] try and hit the lower flower sites week 1 - 3 of bloom. And I'd be very careful as your open air pollinating correct?

1 partical of pollen creates 1 seed.

The whole branch start off with, 20-30cm branch will get yoy welll over 100 seeds. Happy Breeding Old fox , what strain again ?

Thanks K9. The male is blue Tahoe cheese. It was my best male of about a dozen boys. Female recipients will be Alaskan purple, Bruce Banner, Jedi Glue, Mama mia and GgAllin. All in first 3 weeks of flowering. Other female strains are likely too far progressed.

• Upvote 1

I was under the impression that you could pollinate late into flower and still produce seed, as the buds get denser with more resin I thought that was the females primary role to produce more resin to attract pollen floating in the air?

The white hair in the first 9 -21 days are the plant looking for pollen, before it's kicking into a full flower cycle. Just my option..

• Upvote 1

Thanks K9. The male is blue Tahoe cheese. It was my best male of about a dozen boys. Female recipients will be Alaskan purple, Bruce Banner, Jedi Glue, Mama mia and GgAllin. All in first 3 weeks of flowering. Other female strains are likely too far progressed.

Some awesome Crosses coming up old fox , stubbed in.

Edited by kloud9

If you still have viable white hair you can produce a seed but i think week 3-6 is optimum. Once used a plastic coke bottle, cut the bottom out just big enough to get the branch inside the bottle and sealed it up with a bit of tape. Then i just put some pollen in the lid, closed it and gave it a few shakes. Took the bottle off very carefully after a few 3-4 days and it worked quite well. 

• Upvote 1

Don't be a cheap bastard by pollenating lower buds, sacrifice a good top bud. Give the seeds a chance to be the best they can be.

Hahaha. ok. Was thinking lower bud because might drop some pollen from higher buds down through the entire plant. I'll take a roll of glad wrap with me, and temporarily cover neighbouring and lower buds, while I do the dirty with some top colas.