Airless sprayer

Try Blu

Concreters would use that for spraying form oil which makes the Crete stick less to forms etc.

Pump operators use this for the same reason making the washdown more easy.

Form oil is usually a mix of Diesel and hydraulic oil hence viton seals.

Hard to go past the nylex pump sprayers. They last long enough for the money.

Edited by Carbcon
  • Upvote 1

if your not spraying microbials / compost teas , any sprayer should be fine , as pedro said turn the nozzle 

to make a finer mist , should be a sticking agent / emulsifier in most bottled pest sprays or you should be 

using one if mixing up your own spray , something like silica or aloe or soapnuts or yucca extract or dr bronners

if you need to do microbial sprays the sprayer needs to be a little different to not kill microbes by smashing them

into a spray head that's too small , there are pump sprayers used from concrete , not sure what they use them for 

in the concreting game but the nozzle is a little more open , this is expensive but i've seen similar & cheaper at bunnings 

https://tradetoolsupplies.com.au/sprayers/2466-chapin-sprayer-132lt-industrial-viton-concrete-open-head-1949-023883019495.html?gmc_currency=4&cmp_id=1674284337&adg_id=62416478142&kwd=&device=c&gclid=Cj0KCQiAsvTxBRDkARIsAH4W_j9Gw7WbbLJ3yvkVzLnjOcIioznfJuFTIr6UF1Xy_YNRLWOMZDxPNJcaAqYLEALw_wcB

Good morning Itchy,

Im not a brewer, more of a bottle using sort of guy at the moment as you know, :)

I got to thinking about droplet size. Looked up a few articles. Found info that a “fine” mist will make around 3000 droplets per inch. WTF.

Reckon I’m getting 60 per inch out of my piece of shit.............no matter how much I turn the nozzle.....lol.

Improvements in uptake of nutrients via foliar, or pesticide efficacy ,would be miles ahead of where I am at the moment with the typical pump sprayer I’m thinking.

It was more the biologicals I was concerned about itchy. I think I can turn the unit down to 50bar.......??

• Upvote 1

Concreters would use that for spraying form oil which makes the Crete stick less to forms etc.

Pump operators use this for the same reason making the washdown more easy.

Form oil is usually a mix of Diesel and hydraulic oil hence viton seals.

Hard to go past the nylex pump sprayers. They last long enough for the money.

They are a little difficult to walk past in Bunnings. lol

And they do last long enough I suppose.....sure.

A little awkward and can be frustrating when they clog.....btk?

i would like to upgrade. It’s seems most good pump sprayers with quality nozzles gonna cost me close to 200. For another 99........I get to smash it out of the park........maybe.lol

i'm in the throws of making a 30L spray unit that goes onto the back of the ride-on for weed control. Just ultilising a 30L drum, hose, 12v battery and switch, 12v caravan water pump, and cheap spray wand. it'll either work, or a monumental fk up. Only major concern is the pump overheating due to restricted flow due to the spray nozzle, if that doesn't prove to be a issue i might save myself a couple of hundred bucks on a commercial setup.

• Upvote 1

All over it Carbcon. 
Home grown aloe, or a powder?

Dont get those 2 mixed up Pedro. lol.

cheers guys for the cannanersary :)

i'm in the throws of making a 30L spray unit that goes onto the back of the ride-on for weed control. Just ultilising a 30L drum, hose, 12v battery and switch, 12v caravan water pump, and cheap spray wand. it'll either work, or a monumental fk up. Only major concern is the pump overheating due to restricted flow due to the spray nozzle, if that doesn't prove to be a issue i might save myself a couple of hundred bucks on a commercial setup.

Sounds good.

I think those  pumps are self priming, and cut out on overpressure. So once it’s primed itself, the trigger on the wand sort of becomes the switch for the pump. Reckon you’re onto a winner.

ive thought about doing my own and making it look like this. Hahaha,

I sort of look like them when Im full ppe prior to a spray. lol

post-62971-0-35312900-1581132410_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Try Blu
  • Upvote 1

Interesting read. But as they noted, there's so many variables to factor in, droplet size, wind, humidity, etc that would forever be alternating that when it comes to practical application it's going to vary across the entire coverage area. Great in theory, goodluck when applying it. :D

EDIT: Just observations i made over a span of a handful of years when at times i used to operate a tractor driven mister blower when it came to applying copper or white oil to avocado farms. at times you'd see large plumes lift clear of the trees canopy and drift off to wherever it went. Still dry mornings were most suited, and abandoned once wind picked up.

Edited by Indycar