New study into flushing

I don't flush ,yes I run straight water from the tap to give them a drink

I use nutrients up till the the last 2 days b4 I turn light out for 12hrs + ,then harvest

Why would you starve a plant in the last 2 weeks when it's putting on weight?

Make No difference to taste smell or whatever else you want throw at me

You don't starve them when they in the ground do you?

So why do it hydro?

To many wives tales

So who is going to do a side by side, flushed and not flushed, not me

Although it does seem a bit stupid, "no need to flush plants", then "just use water during the flush period"

isn't just using water flushing them

lol

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

You're comparing bottle-fed hydroponics with soil micmac ... Maybe the chemicals have something to do with the difference....

I've had many people tell me unflushed buds give them headaches. I too have experienced a nasty headache from unflushed buds. Can chalk it up to coincidence, or other factors but I'll continue to give straight water to mine nearing the end. Why waste nutes if frank says the plants aren't using it in the last week anyway?

Each to their own I guess ,quick check if the run off will tell you if they feeding or not

I've had others flushed buds ,he couldn't tell the difference between his and mine in regards to smell and taste ,different strains but overall presentation was the same

I'll clarify, I feed up to a point,then when I think they are ready I'll leave them alone letting medium dry,then I just harvest in the dark after 12 hrs or more b4 I cut down

Never hang from roots, just branches of buds

The rest just goes into the oil stash

I do a few things in preparation for this as well in regards to taste in that last week leading up to harvest

Anyway as said it's what I've found what works for me which ever medium I use

Fair enough mate, I can't comment on hanging buds and it's effect haven't read anything on it. Sounds interesting though i'll have a look.

To be clear mate this was a controlled experiment, with same plants, same growth conditions, same everything. They used plain water for the last two weeks, plain water with a 10L flush twice for last two weeks and nutrients for last two weeks on different batches and what they found was no reduction in plant weight or resin production in the plants that were just fed water and not flushes all tested in laboratories. The main takeaway from it in there conclusion was you can save money through less water use and nutrient use when producing cannabis in DTW systems  

That's Frank. There was a separate study conducted in 2019 comparing the taste of flushed vs unflushed buds. It was also a controlled trial, and concluded that there was no noticeable taste difference between flushed and unflushed buds. Participants were stoners across USA. I cant find that link atm, but I'll keep looking for it. Tunks - they didn't consider whether it gives you a headache or not, it was limited only to taste.

• Upvote 1

I don't flush ,yes I run straight water from the tap to give them a drink

I use nutrients up till the the last 2 days b4 I turn light out for 12hrs + ,then harvest

Why would you starve a plant in the last 2 weeks when it's putting on weight?

Make No difference to taste smell or whatever else you want throw at me

You don't starve them when they in the ground do you?

So why do it hydro?

To many wives tales

Well I don't either, not if flushing takes a week or two, I just give them plain water for the last two/three days, wait till they are ready first

it doesn't matter when you grow RTW they get a flush almost every-time they are watered 

that's what a flush is to me, getting rid of the excess salts and root exudes

not sure what a two week flush would be for? 

I think the difference is replacing the water you've topped them up with - flushing. Instead of feeding water without dumping reservoir or having alot of run-off - feeding straight water....

Franks link was an actual study, not some blokes saying "this is all I do" the bottom line was, in final week, it makes no difference what you do, so you may as well just give the fuckers water. What's so difficult to apprehend??