Spider mite treatment at the start of flowering.

Hey guys and gals,

I'm still noticing a few white specks on my leaves and some spider mites hiding on the underside (little fuckers).

My plants have just started to show their sex and I'm wondering what to use to get rid of the mites. Is neem cool to use at very early stages of flower? Should I even bother? Only the odd few mites, no webs.

It's an outdoor grow and I've noticed a few ladybugs on the plants, I don't want to piss them off with any nasty sprays or DE really.

I'll wack some pics up in the morning.

Thanks in advance....

• Upvote 1

Hey guys and gals,

I'm still noticing a few white specks on my leaves and some spider mites hiding on the underside (little fuckers).

My plants have just started to show their sex and I'm wondering what to use to get rid of the mites. Is neem cool to use at very early stages of flower? Should I even bother? Only the odd few mites, no webs.

It's an outdoor grow and I've noticed a few ladybugs on the plants, I don't want to piss them off with any nasty sprays or DE really.

I'll wack some pics up in the morning.

Thanks in advance....

I would wait until the lady bugs have cleared off. They feast on mites. I would spray after they have gone. The neem wont hurt the new growth. Can be used right up until about 3-4 weeks before harvest. IMO. Or after the ladies have gone you could do a squish run and spend a lot of time squishing the leaves that the mites are on, thumb and forefinger and pressure.

Edited by brick

lol yeah I run around with the tweezers picking them of one by one, which is about as stupid as trying to squash them, never get them all 

they breed rabbits, they're out of control in no time 

If you don't want to use pesticides, flour and water keep them under control, suffocate the little so and so's

or give them a spray with the hose, blast them off, left mine alone last season, except for the spraying with the hose, 

they pissed of altogether when the cold wet shit arrived, got none this year so far 

Dry hot weather and they multiply like the caronavirus.

If those fans are from up the plant a bit I would guess they have taken hold.

Only on the lowers?  Pedros hose off method couple times a day till they fuck off sounds like winner.

But,,Bugs for Bugs sell preditor mites ..

If you chose to order preditors don't spray as the residue will probably harm them .

This one?  https://bugsforbugs.com.au/products/bio-control-agents/

They are on some of the upper growth to mate. Due rain for the next week here so hopefully nature does me a favour. Checked out that bug website. They little ladybugs I've seen on the plant are some of the predators they sell, so fingers crossed. Has any of you had any joy with predator bugs in outdoor grows. I don't wanna release them and they all just piss off elsewhere.