Bloom nutrients in soil

I'll start this thread to cover handful of us novices growing outdoors in soil this year. Lots of conflicting or unclear advice online. Looking for info on nutrition needs of plants in flower in SOIL only. Specifically :1. any difference between pk needs( and ratios,) in first few weeks of flower vs mid flowering. Lots of reading ( and some nutrient charts) suggests extra PK is only needed in initial three weeks of flower. Is that true? ratio of K to P should increase noticeably as we progress further into flower, is that right,? 2. Slow release granules of sulphate of potash and/or phosphorus. When and how often can*/should these be applied ,? And are these slow release nutes usually enough to support flowering thru to harvest, or should we add some faster release ( eg liquid) stuff at initiation of flower( or any time). 3. Is there any nutrient that positively ( or negatively) affects taste of harvest( molasses is not an option for some due to ants)? I assume we know to avoid adding nutes in last week pre harvest. 4. Any critical tips/advice to be aware of regarding nutrients in flowering ? Thanks

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Ok, could take me a while to digest all the overwhelming replies on this thread. lol. So I made my own outdoor soil nutrient plan ( per plant in the ground) with : handful of potash granules, tablespoon of phosphorus granules, and top soil with 200 grams dynamic lifter( some lower leaf yellow developing). Recently applied on separate days in last week or two, and plants look healthy so far. Any improvements on this approach for early flowering ?? Does adding pubic hair from a virgin really help improve the final taste - asking for a friend.

Hahaha just saw this.

Ive used a few different bloom specific nutes.

My favorite is general hydroponics liquid koolbloom.

I started useing bloom nutes about 10 years ago and i did notice a difference outside.

Seem to make them a bit more solid.

Ive used canna pk 13/14 for the last 2 indoor grows. The plants were tiny but the buds were quality.

Hahaha just saw this.

Ive used a few different bloom specific nutes.

My favorite is general hydroponics liquid koolbloom.

I started useing bloom nutes about 10 years ago and i did notice a difference outside.

Seem to make them a bit more solid.

Ive used canna pk 13/14 for the last 2 indoor grows. The plants were tiny but the buds were quality.

Thanks Porky. General Hydroponics markets liquid koolbloom for early flowering set, and dry koolbloom for finishing flowers. They're not the only nute company flogging bloom stuff for early flower and a separate bloom (magic) formula for finishing flowers. Advanced Nutrients do the same. Does anyone know what's so different about an early flower bloom mix vs a late flower bloom mix ?? They don't advertise different ratios of P vs K( within their same brand line,) but I suspect it may be higher P in the former vs higher k to finish? Not doubting these products generally help fatten buds, but are the differences between early vs late flower mixes really that different ??

Thanks Porky. General Hydroponics markets liquid koolbloom for early flowering set, and dry koolbloom for finishing flowers. They're not the only nute company flogging bloom stuff for early flower and a separate bloom (magic) formula for finishing flowers. Advanced Nutrients do the same. Does anyone know what's so different about an early flower bloom mix vs a late flower bloom mix ?? They don't advertise different ratios of P vs K( within their same brand line,) but I suspect it may be higher P in the former vs higher k to finish? Not doubting these products generally help fatten buds, but are the differences between early vs late flower mixes really that different ??

The reason I changed to canna was because the bloke at the hydro shop told me general hydroponics stopped making liquid and now only make the dry stuff.

Being the lazy cunt type I am I just bought canna instead of searching the net for some.

Years ago I tried cyco nutes and found they would either burn the plants or if I made it weaker they looked hungry.

I’ve heard they are better now.