Coronavirus.

Ever since 'skynews' came to free-to-air tv I see a lot more right nutjobs around. There's ideology and then there's flat-out denial and lies spread by the right-elite that keeps the population submissive

OK 

are you for real ?? 

not free to air here, have you read all of this(SHIT) ??? I have 

Fabian Society | LSE Digital Library

Edited by pedro de pacas

You would guess wrong then my conformist comrade.

Government lockdowns, short term very little to gain i'd be thinking. But longer term, that's a different story. Once a government introduces new laws and increases surveillance techniques which impinge on public freedoms, generally they are loathe to relinquish the hold and roll back to previous "normal" times. History is full of examples.

I guess we'll see how popular these measures have been come election time.

Italy is not so easily compared to our situation. Take population, population density , age demographic and location for example.

Well if you don't like Italy I could compare us to the US, England, or Brazil. Same story.

I can assure you I am neither conformist, nor comrade. What I do recognise is that this particular issue is a health response, nothing more. Do you really think any Australian Government will continue to lock us down following this?

You might want to take a look at actually constitutes a 3rd world country

Us like the rest of the world are considered 2nd world countries

Kampuchea was a 3rd world country endorsed by The UN and recognised by Australian and many world governments long after their leader was deposed

What benefit would any government gain by being able to control their citizens, well you only have to look at countries like North Korea an the old soviet union to answer that question

Control is what its all about, wages ,prices ,conditions the list is endless

At this very momet china is using this pandemic to threaten us ,CONTROL

Doesn't matter who gets in they won't change it back ,history tells us this

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I didn't mention anything about 3rd world countries so I don't get your reference?

Over the last 50 years many laws have passed that curtail our freedoms. I certainly don't support increased Government control. But I don't equate that with what is happening with Coronavirus, because none of the measures could be justified if the virus wasn't around. The lockdown measures are hurting the sacred economy which is why they have zero chance of being left in place following this.

And why on earth this has anything to do with either left or right politics is beyond me. It's a response to a health problem.

• Upvote 2

What is really ticking me off is all of the Karen's and right wingers that are attacking Dandrews and Dandrews Demokratischen Republik (DDR) saying;

The amount of cases was few and so come to the conclusion the lockdown was pointless.
   - The reason our case numbers are starting to fall and we did not have an incredibly much worse and dire conditions (IE: the Sars-Cov-2 virus) ripping through not just the city and suburbs but Vic state wide.
My opinion is the evidence of case numbers that worse bad, but not no where near as bad as other developed nations. Dandrews did the correct thing with lockdowns. Had no lockdowns been ordered it would of been much worse and the Sars-Cov-2 virus would of spread regionally, would have spread to every corner of every suburb of the city of Melbourne and that NSW could of easily had an outbreak in NSW

• Upvote 3

it was more about Bill Gates and why he's investing in Vaccine's, its not not all about corona, the flog has he's fingers in lot of pies
pretty sure he's a computer geek and not a biologist or scientist

If all you know about Bill Gates is that he's a "computer geek" then maybe you should do some unbiased research. Otherwise people should doubt your opinion and knowledge on the broad range of other topics you like to talk about.

Edited by Anoma
  • Upvote 1

FFS you would believe anything, maybe research a bit more Mick 

If all you know about Bill Gates is that he's a "computer geek" then maybe you should do some unbiased research. Otherwise people should doubt your opinion and knowledge on the broad range of other topics you like to talk about.

And so would you

• Upvote 1