Coronavirus.

I guess that would make you paranoid and naive. Seriously, what would a Government have to gain by locking down their citizens for no reason, and how likely would they be to be re elected? I'd rather err on the side of public health, than have the system overwhelmed and huge numbers of deaths. That is what occurred elsewhere.

@ Pedro, the low death rate here is entirely due to lockdown measures. All you are showing by pointing out the low death rate is how efficient the health practices have been. You are white anting your own argument.

Btw, during the Spanish Flu there were similar measures such as border closure, public gatherings ceasing e.t.c. Guess what, after the pandemic, everything went back to normal.

https://theconversation.com/how-australias-response-to-the-spanish-flu-of-1919-sounds-warnings-on-dealing-with-coronavirus-134017#:~:text=The%20imposition%20of%20a%20strict,response%20as%20the%20crisis%20worsened.

exactly right. and we all know where the Spanish flu originated from and it certainly wasn't Spain

I guess that would make you paranoid and naive. Seriously, what would a Government have to gain by locking down their citizens for no reason, and how likely would they be to be re elected? I'd rather err on the side of public health, than have the system overwhelmed and huge numbers of deaths. That is what occurred elsewhere.

You would guess wrong then my conformist comrade.

Government lockdowns, short term very little to gain i'd be thinking. But longer term, that's a different story. Once a government introduces new laws and increases surveillance techniques which impinge on public freedoms, generally they are loathe to relinquish the hold and roll back to previous "normal" times. History is full of examples.

I guess we'll see how popular these measures have been come election time.

Italy is not so easily compared to our situation. Take population, population density , age demographic and location for example.

• Upvote 2

You lefty's must live a horrible life, all that hate you carry around, blinded by ideology, a dodgy one at that

facts, forgot about them, just full on propaganda that you lap up and parrot on about, you have all been CONED lol

You lot have no idea who drives the leftard ideology do you, if ya did you would run away from it at a million miles an hour, fools the lot of ya, or "useful idiots" as the Elite commie/socialites call ya 

• Upvote 1

You might want to take a look at actually constitutes a 3rd world country

Us like the rest of the world are considered 2nd world countries

Kampuchea was a 3rd world country endorsed by The UN and recognised by Australian and many world governments long after their leader was deposed

What benefit would any government gain by being able to control their citizens, well you only have to look at countries like North Korea an the old soviet union to answer that question

Control is what its all about, wages ,prices ,conditions the list is endless

At this very momet china is using this pandemic to threaten us ,CONTROL

Doesn't matter who gets in they won't change it back ,history tells us this

@ Pedro, the low death rate here is entirely due to lockdown measures. All you are showing by pointing out the low death rate is how efficient the health practices have been. You are white anting your own argument.

Btw, during the Spanish Flu there were similar measures such as border closure, public gatherings ceasing e.t.c. Guess what, after the pandemic, everything went back to normal.

https://theconversation.com/how-australias-response-to-the-spanish-flu-of-1919-sounds-warnings-on-dealing-with-coronavirus-134017#:~:text=The%20imposition%20of%20a%20strict,response%20as%20the%20crisis%20worsened.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 3

You lefty's must live a horrible life, all that hate you carry around, blinded by ideology, a dodgy one at that

facts, forgot about them, just full on propaganda that you lap up and parrot on about, you have all been CONED lol

You lot have no idea who drives the leftard ideology do you, if ya did you would run away from it at a million miles an hour, fools the lot of ya, or "useful idiots" as the Elite commie/socialites call ya 

your illogical fallacy is ad hominen. Once you start attacking the person and not the argument you have lost already. something to keep in mind...

• Upvote 2

your illogical fallacy is ad hominen. Once you start attacking the person and not the argument you have lost already. something to keep in mind...

Well I've spent enough time attacking the leftard ideology ?, nice pic of the Don on the video, reckon you might just suffer from TDS ?

don't believe i mention anyone by name ? did I 

Its US v THEM, do you know who "them" is ?

At least us normal people have a sense of humor hey lol

left right left right left right, off ya go, it makes no difference, TRUMP might save us yet lol, although a good chance it might be Vladimir Putin ?? 

Love it, we got Trump pics up

Edited by pedro de pacas