Coronavirus.

Good luck with it, take sensible precautions and stay healthy !

It seems like Ivermectin is the new Hydroxychloroquine   which was the new injected disinfectant and so on.

Be careful where you get your healthcare advice during a pandemic.

Mick

Thanks Mick,

I'm a bit of hermit at the best of times, but with all the people who - haven't been vaccinated, don't get tested when they get a cold, and wont keep their fucking distance at the shops... I rarely leave home. Being in a area where few people have any personal experience of the disease has been a double edged sword. Yes, the risks are much lower in the bush, but this leads to massive complacency in the community. 

One friend (UK) has lost both of her parents, another (US) has permanent lung damage and my mother-in-law (Belgium) has spent 12 months recovering... she's bloody lucky as an 87 year old to even still be alive.

I take no joy in being in the position to say 'I told you this would happen' to my friends and neighbours.

/rant

• Upvote 1

Many, many years ago 30+ I worked and lived on  farms we used to give Ivermectin to livestock as a drench down their gullet.

I've just found it used as an injection too AND is :wacko: used on humans :wacko: Ahhhh, No thanks. Fark that

"It seems like Ivermectin is the new Hydroxychloroquine..."

YEP and it'll be the same bunch of crazys who try it too.

ANYBODY EVEN CONSIDERING THIS IS BATSHIT CRAZY. JUST DONT.

Merl1n

Many, many years ago 30+ I worked and lived on  farms we used to give Ivermectin to livestock as a drench down their gullet.

I've just found it used as an injection too AND is :wacko: used on humans :wacko: Ahhhh, No thanks. Fark that

"It seems like Ivermectin is the new Hydroxychloroquine..."

YEP and it'll be the same bunch of crazys who try it too.

ANYBODY EVEN CONSIDERING THIS IS BATSHIT CRAZY. JUST DONT.

Merl1n

If covid was a parasitic infection, ivermectin might be a reasonable go to drug... but thus far, against the virus, the trials have proved inconclusive.

I have it in the cupboard in 2 different strengths. One for budgies and the other for chooks... it's a good bird wormer.

Thanks Mick,

I'm a bit of hermit at the best of times, but with all the people who - haven't been vaccinated, don't get tested when they get a cold, and wont keep their fucking distance at the shops... I rarely leave home. Being in a area where few people have any personal experience of the disease has been a double edged sword. Yes, the risks are much lower in the bush, but this leads to massive complacency in the community. 

One friend (UK) has lost both of her parents, another (US) has permanent lung damage and my mother-in-law (Belgium) has spent 12 months recovering... she's bloody lucky as an 87 year old to even still be alive.

I take no joy in being in the position to say 'I told you this would happen' to my friends and neighbours.

/rant

Yeah I remember when my wife had kids we  lived in an area with lots of antivaxers and pertussis so we also hid inside until they could be vaccinated.

Its hard and it shouldn't be necessary.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I remember when my wife had kids we  lived in an area with lots of antivaxers and pertussis so we also hid inside until they could be vaccinated.

Its hard and it shouldn't be necessary.

There is nothing like a pertussis cough... it sounds like the love child of a Weddle seal and a Chihuahua. I'm glad to have never seen it in young'uns, just in adults.