Canna Terra Pro indoors.

I've got 6 cuttings I'd like to experiment with indoors under LED. Interested to trial Canna Terra Pro (CTP) in pots, hand watered. Who has used CTP here for a few grows that can give me some advice ? Things like plastic vs cloth pots: watering frequency: whether need to PH every watering /feed, or if CTP buffers ok using their A and B brand nutes ? Any gnat problems ? Need to add extra perlite? Any calcium/magnesium issues similar to Coco ? Any other disadvantages of the medium versus soil ?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks. Being peat based does it retain more water than soil ?? Is watering frequency more or less than soil?? My tap water is pH 7.0, will the A and B Canna brand nutes adjust that easily to 6 to 6.5 ?? Or is it a fiddly balance ?? Can you just use water straight out of the tap - without letting it sit for 24 hours?

I use CTP indoors under COB...have had many successful grows.

I use plastic pots and I add 10% extra perlite. I also find that CTP tends to drift acid over time so I add 1 teaspoon of Dolomite to each pot, mixed in.

I PH the water added to 6.3 and use the recommended CTP nutrients from Canna at half strength (for photos).

In the base of my pots I add about 2 inches of activated carbon (aquarium grade...low phosphate) which keeps the mix sweet.

Dont have gnat issues and add calcium/Mag as per Canna directions.

Very happy with the product and the results. I find I need to water often, easily double the frequency of soil. I have an RO machine for my water...dont use tap water.

plastic vs cloth pots: I’ve used both and much prefer hard plastic. The bags are annoying to move and can change shape. Think about maybe large hempy pots with a couple of inches of scoria in the bottom.

watering frequency: Often. Daily once established. The medium is difficult to hydrate again if you let it dry out too much. Almost becomes Hydrophobic. Suggest adding maybe 25% perlite.

whether need to PH every watering /feed, or if CTP buffers ok using their A and B brand nutes ? I was lucky using tank water and rarely had to tend to PH, but would suggest you treat it like any other hydroponic medium.

Any gnat problems ? I’ve not had gnats.

Need to add extra perlite? I add around 25%.

Any calcium/magnesium issues similar to Coco ? No.

Any other disadvantages of the medium versus soil ? Can’t really compare it to a good soil. It isn’t really a soil, just appears similar.

Thanks. Going to my local hydro store now, and don't want to be sold stuff I don't need. Do you find the Canna brand A and B nutes adequate for a reasonable result, or do you suggest other Canna nute stuff for a noticeable grow improvement ??

OF you need to buy Canna Terra Vega and Canna Terra Flores nutes they are made specifically for CTP and work a treat. I also use Rhizotronic when they are young babies, it is great for healthy root development but not a cheap item. A and B are for coco and hydro not CTP.