Get voting

Legalising cannabis
TO: The Honourable the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly of Queensland

Queensland residents draws to the attention of the House that:

• Criminalisation has not prevented or reduced cannabis use, and has instead resulted in further harms to drug users forced into interaction with dealers and the criminal justice system;
  • Drug use, including the use of cannabis, should be treated as a health issue rather than a criminal one; and
  • This has been recognised in various other jurisdictions, including most recently in the Australian Capital Territory which has decriminalised cannabis growth and possession for personal use.

Your petitioners, therefore, request the House to legalise the growth, possession, use and supply of cannabis for adults in Queensland, provide amnesty for people with current cannabis-related convictions and increase funding for drug support services.

They've come up with that 'n yet calling on people to sign the petition. Why not just present that to parliment, process it, and get it handed onto legislators and get on with it. Fuckin' ludicrous..

• Upvote 3

pedro, i rather them piss around with that instead of wasting police resources busting folk who are usually law abiding citizen's.

I'm convinced the Drug Squad love it the way it's setup. More often than not, raids that go down are usually conducted by out of town detective's these days. So when you factor in travel, accomodation, meals, etc it's a great little perk. Then whatever it costs to conduct the operation on top of that. It's a fucked system and either side isn't any better off for it. Well, maybe the bludging D's with this perk they've managed to latch onto, i'd imagine their union didn't have to push too hard for that one.

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 1

I'm all for every drug being legal, no support from the tax payer if you can't handle them tho 

get yourself in the shit, its up to yourself get yourself out of it 

rexona is the go apparently, was pure and simple oven cleaner in the 80s

they should ban everything but illegal drugs, they are much safer to use then the alternatives 

• Upvote 1