Can Carbon filter remove smell of smoke and clean the air?

I just posted something I found for you.

Hope that helps your mum.

In the short term put damp towels over fans. That should help filter the air a bit but you will need to keep changing towels as they will filter the air blowing through them.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Hi Aqua. I hope all is well.

Out of curiosity what did you come up with. My lungs are not the best due to silica dust but interested in what you have ?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hi Aqua. I hope all is well.

Out of curiosity what did you come up with. My lungs are not the best due to silica dust but interested in what you have ?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The air stunk here after 2011 floods. With only a generator for weeks we couldn't use the air con so put towels over fans with tea tree oil.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

hi spider

you can use a carbon filter in conjunction with a hepa filter very effectively - just be sure to blow any carbon dust first from the filter and also, make sure to face the hepa filter the right way.

i don't vent outside and sleep next to my grow area. i use this system (in my grow area) and have very clean air in my room ... i also have a second system setup (love having a backup) which i turn on whenever i work in my garden or vape.

for one setup ... i use a flange and attach a good (but cheap) hepa filter to the flange and then attach the flange directly to the fan (on top of the filter). for my grow area (second system) ... i have the cf in the tent, attached to ducting to the fan (located outside the tent in a cupboard) then ducting to a hepa filter - also attached to a flange. just know that most fans will provide too much air for the carbon and hepa filter (unless a bit of ducting is used). to get around this, you can use a fan speed controller. also ... i would suggest using a mountain air filter (or perhaps a phresh cf), as it uses good charcoal.

if you need more specific details, just let me know.

hi spider

you can use a carbon filter in conjunction with a hepa filter very effectively - just be sure to blow any carbon dust first from the filter and also, make sure to face the hepa filter the right way.

i don't vent outside and sleep next to my grow area. i use this system (in my grow area) and have very clean air in my room ... i also have a second system setup (love having a backup) which i turn on whenever i work in my garden or vape.

for one setup ... i use a flange and attach a good (but cheap) hepa filter to the flange and then attach the flange directly to the fan (on top of the filter). for my grow area (second system) ... i have the cf in the tent, attached to ducting to the fan (located outside the tent in a cupboard) then ducting to a hepa filter - also attached to a flange. just know that most fans will provide too much air for the carbon and hepa filter (unless a bit of ducting is used). to get around this, you can use a fan speed controller. also ... i would suggest using a mountain air filter (or perhaps a phresh cf), as it uses good charcoal.

if you need more specific details, just let me know.

Hey pug

If you could provide some more detailed info it would be great.

I have brand new vivosun carbon filter and phresh hyperfan with digital speed controller so adjusting speed of fan is not an issue.

So if i was to pull the air through carbon filter and somehow attach hepa filter at the back of the fan would that work?

Any suggestion on hepa filters?

I have no hope of getting air purifier as they are all sold out so i will have to improvise to help my mum out

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

If its that bad a propper respirator mask like spray painters use would be what she needs. They are made for voc particles like the ones in smoke.

Decent ones all paint shop for about $60.

I will look into it but i think problem with masks is that you have to breath harder to pull the air thru and having lungs that are already weak can cause asthma attack