What is my soil missing?

Hey there n00bie grower here,

I have grown a couple crops with tiny yields and average heads and want to improve as a gardener.

I think there is alot of calcium already so add Epsom salts instead of Dolomite for more balance to the CalMag ratio

My question is "What is missing?" My soil mix contains the following

10 litre Coffee chaff

12 litre Sheep manure

12 litre Chicken poop

12 litre Mushroom compost

12 litre Quality compost

15 litre Bunnies Tomato mix with Blood and Bone

25 litre Bunnies Garden soil mix with Gypsum

1/2 cup Epsom salts

15g Iron sulphate

75g Seaweed powder/Kelp meal

25 litre Coarse grade Perlite

I then apply Worm juice and stir twice a week for a minimum 4 weeks.

agree with frank hard to tell & you should test it with a tomato seedling ,

i will say it seems pretty hot with lots of nitrogen sources 

what's missing on paper ,  minerals things like dolomite , gypsum , rock dust

nutrient density comes from having plenty of minerals 

i'm not a fan of using lots of animal products like poo & blood n bone 

better to use small amounts of poo & lots more plant based organic matter 

like lucerne or as they know it in the US alfalfa , you'll get a larger variety of nutrients 

by mixing in a couple different plants than mixing in a couple different poo's  

the kelp powder , is that a soluble powder ? cos it will flush straight out when the soil is watered if it is  

better to use kelp meal , it will offer things like nitrogen in a soil mix along with heaps of other benefits 

the other real important thing is soil life , compost , worm castings are number one go to soil amendment 

they can be used as top dresses through the grow & in small amounts in compost teas making , build your soil

round this stuff & your heading in the right direction imo

• Upvote 2

Indoors under 4000k Hlg65 for veg and a diy board made of 125 watts of Cree 3030j strips in the 3500K colour spectrum.

The mix of soil you have posted would be a very hot mix with the amount of animal products. Like itichy said use animal products sparingly as they mostly have a lot of nitrogen depending on how long ago they came out the animals arse. They also carry bad bacteria thats not good in larger doses.

Also your yeilds will not be great under such inadequate lighting. You will need much more light to grow decent yielding plants.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

I can add worm castings and worms as i have the bin outback. I am waiting on a delivery of Mycogold from biostim, apparently a good quality product from reading.

The "hot" mix is the reason I let it cook in a half cut 55gal plastic drum for 4 weeks, sometimes longer if the mox is still warm temperature wise or still composting.

As for the Azomite and Lucerne or other plant based amendments where can I find a good source in Australia? (In Vic)

The lights I use because of heat, height and energy consumption issues but will be getting a larger tent or two in the new year.

Far as I know the Hlg65 is a gòod light and gives awesome spectrum comparative to a 125w cfl for veg and the 3500k flower led is meant to be replacing 200w of hps. As stated though am very new to this so have gone with what reading has suggested

I can add worm castings and worms as i have the bin outback. I am waiting on a delivery of Mycogold from biostim, apparently a good quality product from reading.

The "hot" mix is the reason I let it cook in a half cut 55gal plastic drum for 4 weeks, sometimes longer if the mox is still warm temperature wise or still composting.

As for the Azomite and Lucerne or other plant based amendments where can I find a good source in Australia? (In Vic)

The lights I use because of heat, height and energy consumption issues but will be getting a larger tent or two in the new year.

Far as I know the Hlg65 is a gòod light and gives awesome spectrum comparative to a 125w cfl for veg and the 3500k flower led is meant to be replacing 200w of hps. As stated though am very new to this so have gone with what reading has suggested

Yeah HLG are good ive got 3 of em but 65watts is not much. I would be useing both lights in flower if you can.

Sorry if i missed it but what size is your space??

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app