Ballast hunt, CMH315, ideally 2 lights per ballast

If you Decide the Chinese route, check out ebm lighting.

As frank said the 630 DE might be a better option.. but obviously you cannot only run 315w. Can’t see any other reason to have two bulbs otherwise? I got a Lucius 630W. It is pretty cool. Can switch between CMH, HPS and MH... all with the same ballast, if you are in to changing light types at different stages of flowering...

Anyway, below is the last price ebm emailed for double 315’s. 2 year warranty and I believe you can request the plug type.

attachicon.gif08B23AA5-4784-497E-B8F5-A9FD5ADF55AB.png

They also sell 630 DE’s y that use the same tech with bulb changes. Cheap as fuck factory direct. If I’m honest I reckon all the reputable brands come from the same place anyway.. just stick a sol sense or hi par sticker on them and a fancy box. lol.

attachicon.gifF89C5FAB-7E36-4B05-B555-818EFA2EDB66.png

Prices are USD and don’t include shipping..

Those seem to all be "all in one" reflector/ballast/light kits where the ballast is attached to the reflector. That means if anything goes wrong the entire thing is a loss. I know they are cheaper (and easy to find) but I'd really prefer to have separate reflectors & ballasts.

I’ve not got one so I don’t know. But my Lucius looks similar and the ballast does come free from the reflector so with a longer lead could be moved outside of a tent. I would imagine the Chinese ones are the same.

I do recall reading somewhere though that with CMH it’s not ideal to have the ballast a long way from the light.. can’t recall why though..

not all ballasts have switching pwoer supplies. Quite 

What does “use Aussie power” mean?

A large part of the lighting market is manufactured to run on US power only.  The same is true for a lot of basic appliances. The standard for power in North America is 120VAC / 60Hz. To work in Australia a ballast has to be able to run on 240VAC / 60Hz. Higher end products accept a number of types of power.  For instance, the Lumatek 315CMH and 630CMH can use 195-240VAC 50/60H; the Sun System 315CMH ballasts can use 120AC / 208AC / 240AC at 50 or 60 Hz.  The hi-par CHM315 ballasts can use 220-240v (50/60Hz).  This is not always the case.

I'm running a Lucius Recom 630w Ballast to a Lucius Splitter (about $100) then to 2 seperate shades running 315w globes.

Went with the Hellion Adjust-A-Wing 315w globes that use the same socket as regular HPS / MH globes.

You can also use the splitter to split 800w ballast to 2x 400w globes, or 1000w ballast to 2x 600w globes.

Looked around for a bit and this seemed the easiest option.

I'm running a Lucius Recom 630w Ballast to a Lucius Splitter (about $100) then to 2 seperate shades running 315w globes.

Went with the Hellion Adjust-A-Wing 315w globes that use the same socket as regular HPS / MH globes.

You can also use the splitter to split 800w ballast to 2x 400w globes, or 1000w ballast to 2x 600w globes.

Looked around for a bit and this seemed the easiest option.

Wow that is pretty cool. So you just need that one bally and you can run two 315w. 

I was looking at these dudes last night.... doing CMH globes 2 for 1 which work great with that bally. I was told CMH globe are expensive but these dude are doing them for 171$ for 2

https://hyalite.com.au/cmh-globe-buy-1-get-1-free-holiday-special.html

i bought a 630w cmh twin outlet (2x315w) works better and is still going ive had 2 sole sense ballast die. and 1 hi par it cost me roughly 250-270 to the door all i did was found the one i was after like above[emoji3516][emoji3516][emoji3516] then emailed this person. (bonnie@ebm-lighting.com) told her I needed aus power lead and also sent a pic of the ballast to reflector plug used in aus. was changed at no extra cost. she even set it up as a paypal invoice so all I got was an email yep you got a bill from ebm lighting paid it was here less then a fortnite.

you can even contact that lady about all cmh equipment she usually just send a catalogue to go through

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app