advice wanted on using colloidal silver to reverse sex

I used to make a ton of fem seeds using SC water.

I purchased a SC water maker, which was 2 sticks of silver with power attached and an agitator. I recommend this if you want to do regularly because I went thru quite a bit.

I used to spray the stems and grow tips 1-2 times a day till it started to look like it was producing male flowers. If you're exclusively spraying one plant for pollen I'd suggest starting that under 12/12 one week before the target female plant as it takes quite a while for the male flowers to mature but if not, you'll still be fine

I found some plants/strains far more successful than others in terms producing pollen. I had at least 1 plant that grew a ton of male flowers and didn't produce a grain of pollen or a seed but had many that produced tons of pollen and seeds and others somewhere in-between.

It's a great way to preserve genetics without having to keep a cut going and you'll never be short of seeds

• Upvote 1

Hi flamstaa

Thanks for helpful info, much appreciated :)

I'm not a big breeder and usually only breed regs.

I'm also an outdoor grower and I got all girls this season and bereft of a male to pollinate hence resorting to cs to get some seeds and preserve the strain

I've started spraying the branch few days ago and hope it works.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas :)

• Upvote 1

Silver Thio always interested me, however getting it always seemed a hassle...one ingredient easy to get , another not , from memory..

Is that the case?

I have had a terrible time with what seemed to be a stale batch of 30ppm from local health food store..

The brand was one that I had used before with great success.

How you can guard against this? No idea..it did look a bit 'dark'.

Any advice on buying a good agitation CS maker?

Some articles I read suggest cheap ppm meters do not accurately measure ions etc..my main worry would be how do you definitely know

if your $200 machine is really producing good 50ppm holy water?

PS..my experience is that it's best to stop treatment as soon as you see peaky vegetative male flower commencement in any sense, whether you have a full male or just one branch approach..hypertransexuallism is not good= infertile prolific non pollen.

Edited by devodude

Thanks so much for that GSM.

I owe you.

Will try it, along with my new brand of VS, this autumn.

As an aside, I often wonder about using supplementary very very small amount of GA as well, even though it is very dubious in terms of feminising seeds by reversing femme....

It worked so strongly, and I kept reducing concentrations, weaker and weaker, and it still just worked.

Was spraying once at 1/20th of usual advice, and still getting reversal of feminisation...

Bad seeds , all fem, but poor root structure etc....

But I wonder about microdose...just as an experiment...

Anyways, with STD and it's strength reputedly, I probably have enough on my plate!

week and a half of spraying one branch of chem91 skunk va x code blue every night and it looks terrible.

I feel bad for her but i've been assured all's good so will see what happens.

I'll try to remember to update this thread with progress or else it will be in my diary.

here's hoping :)

med_gallery_60166_1851_175898.jpg

• Upvote 1

It's just over 3 weeks spraying with CS and the poor branch looks half dead. Is this how they normally look after 3 weeks spraying CS?

gallery_60166_1851_176581.jpg

But I have some great news, the other Chem91 Skunk VA x Code Blue 2 I thought was female is a male!!

gallery_60166_1851_138938.jpg

So, now I have my breeding male to cross with the Biancas and F1 with the other 2 Chem girls I'm laughing as it's regs I prefer.

I'm going to stop spraying C1 branch now with the CS and chop that branch and the one below it that copped the drips of CS.