advice wanted on using colloidal silver to reverse sex

Hi,

I started this morning spraying cs 50ppm on one branch on the bud sites til dripping.

I believe I need to do this every day but for how long? Until balls mature or just forming?

It doesn't change sex on the other branches not sprayed does it?

Is one small 8 fluid ounces of cs enough or should I get some more?

Thanks for advice :)

Hi Fox

Thanks for your interest :)

I can't remember where I bought it back 2016... I think ebay or amazon.

Advice received at the time was to get no less than 50 ppm strength cs for it to work.

I got Bio Silver Ultra Colloidal Silver 50ppm 8 fluid ounces.

A quick search has different brand on ebay for 1000ml (33 fluid ounces): https://www.ebay.com.au/p/1656566749

This is what I got...

'post-60166-0-99081500-1576704016_thumb.jpg

post-60166-0-38439700-1576704075_thumb.jpg

I'll update my diary on progress or make new thread...will see :)

Sugar,

The plant being sprayed outside or under lights ?

A clear spray bottle won't do ,,as the silver degrades under light.,,,I covered my spray bottles with gaffer tape to keep the light out..

For the same reason its best to spray at lights off ,,

Plant is best to be sprayed at lights off so the silver doesn't degrade..start the spraying at or about the beginning of 12/12.continue daily till pollen is ready for harvest.

Yes ,one branch can be enough ,,,Try not to overspray the rest of the plant as silvered weed should not be smoked.

Check out health food shops for CS ..litre bottle was 30 odd dollars a few yrs back .. 30 parts per mil is enough to reverse a plant.

• Upvote 1

Hi SE thanks so much for helpful advice.

I've covered my spray bottlle with black tape now and it is an outside grow.

I read somewhere to start spraying about 3 days before 12/12 but as my girls have started flowering (solstice not til 22nd dec) I thought I better get onto it now.

Based on your advice to spray when lights out I'll do it from now on at night time until pollen is ready...hopefully! lol

Much appreciated :)

Hi Fox

Thanks for your interest :)

I can't remember where I bought it back 2016... I think ebay or amazon.

Advice received at the time was to get no less than 50 ppm strength cs for it to work.

I got Bio Silver Ultra Colloidal Silver 50ppm 8 fluid ounces.

A quick search has different brand on ebay for 1000ml (33 fluid ounces): https://www.ebay.com.au/p/1656566749

This is what I got...

'attachicon.gif20191219_0814431.jpg

attachicon.gif20191219_0814581.jpg

I'll update my diary on progress or make new thread...will see :)

Thanks Sugar. Good luck with fem seeds. Interested in your seed outcome. Sounds like experienced advice from S.Edge on how to use CS.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

Ive read that colloidal silver needs to be freshly made for it to work properly so I'm unsure whether the 3 years old stuff will be any good.

I prefer to use  Sodium thiosulfate mixed with silver nitrate . This solution only needs to be applied once or twice at the most . Then keep the plant or clone under 12/12 and they are good to grow. Heres a clone I reversed using sts solution sprayed ONCE then 2 weeks later the little pollen sacs began appearing. 

post-56237-0-76258000-1576738930_thumb.jpg

post-56237-0-11677800-1576739002_thumb.jpg  

• Upvote 4

That's a great result there SouthernMan :)

Is it possible using fresh made cs is relevant for the cs that is home made rather than the bought stuff?

Anyway, I'd bought this CS back in 2016 but not opened it till today and not heard of STS until this year when I decided to start growing again but for sure I would try STS and it's good to see the results.

I already have this CS so might as well use it.

If this doesn't work then yeah, I'd be interested in the quick 1 or 2 spray deal with STS...sounds much easier.

Thanks for your helpful info :)