Keeping dwc water cool .

If you want to go that way do it,

Check the valve and connections,very small,the unit itself is small,different environments altogether

Salts is a general term,apples and oranges comparing salt water pools to hydro

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

But what do I know ,I grow white powdery mildew buds

Apparently

I did think about a bar fridge, had one setup for a beer keg years ago. Had taps through the door. Then one day it stopped being a fridge and a mate bought it off me for the keg setup.

I am mostly just trying to get some feed back after looking through threads and seeing the results others are having with dwc. I realise I'm not in the best place for dwc.

Coco it is for me I think.

The fridge idea could work but would need a thermostat to stop the fridge gettin to cold bucket in the fridge with a pump with some holes drilled in the door for the piping.

The chillers aint cheap to run and will add a bit to your running costs.

When i was into dwc the 20lt bucket i used as my rez in hotter times i would put 3lt bottles of frozen water in to bring the temp down in hotter times it a pain in the ass because you have to change it every 1/2 hour or so...

• Upvote 1

The best use I've found for a old fridge is to put a keg of home brew in it,gas it up and have the tap on the the door

Even the line is in the fridge, mate had this set-up, had many a keg finishing night so he could put the new 1 in

Best beer I've ever drunk

Yeah man, exactly what I had. Then the actual fridge part shit itself and I kinda stopped making home brew after a couple of bad runs. Had bottles exploding etc.

The fridge idea could work but would need a thermostat to stop the fridge gettin to cold bucket in the fridge with a pump with some holes drilled in the door for the piping.

The chillers aint cheap to run and will add a bit to your running costs.

When i was into dwc the 20lt bucket i used as my rez in hotter times i would put 3lt bottles of frozen water in to bring the temp down in hotter times it a pain in the ass because you have to change it every 1/2 hour or so...

Yeah mate. I was changing out 2 x 2litre bottles of frozen water every couple of hours, and still not getting it low enough to be safe from root rot.

1 plant grew well, and one didn't. It was an experiment while I had a few extra days off work. The same plants are in coco now and are doing really well.

One thing i did do when it was hot and i has issues keepin temps around the 20c mark was use h2o2 to keep root rot away but at the same time it killed all the good bacteria as well i was lucky it dident lead to other issues in the end i was lucky and it dident.

I had a 3 20lt bucket setup one as rez 2 grow with a pump in the rez running 24/7...

• Upvote 1