White widow...

Hey all... Just harvested my 1st grow in good 5 years. We got hold of some white widow seeds and gave it a crack.

However reading up on techniques, yields etc all differ.

Anyone here doing white widow? Grow tips,lighting times?

I got around 25oz from 2 plants which was a it under what I was hoping for. So now researching again to improve this run again..

And a lot of the info is overseas based so I would be interested in local growers success here in straya

Edited by GC33

Hey mate,

Haven't personally grown WW so can't help you with specifics. But starting a grow diary is a great way to record certain info like temps, feeding/watering patterns etc. allowing you to see what works best for your conditions. It may take a few grows but just having the information there even if it isn't too in depth can be very helpful. I haven't grown in a few years but am starting back up, and I have been skimming my old threads just to remember how I was doing things it has been very helpful.

I do see in your profile you are using a lot of different additives, in my opinion I would cut back on all or at least most of them start simply record a grow, then you can add a product yourself see how it affects your plants and go back and look at old info for comparisons. 

That's where I would start if I was trying to reach a certain amount of grams per amount of area per strain

cheers

Thanks Frank. When I 1st started growing those were base nutes I was recommended... Recipe was provided etc. But yes I agree.. Kiss theory I guess

I did some white widow autos a few grows ago. Yeild was good for an auto at I think 6 or do ounces. I do remember the smoke being pretty strong and not my cup of tea. But others may love it. For an auto, it did eat up the nutes. I was feeding at close to 1000ppm at its peak. I was in coco perlite fabric pots.

White widows an old school strain been awhile since I grew it but remember it being fairly undemanding nutrient wise and pretty good to smoke too.

If I grew it again I'd do it as a Scrog or possibly a 6 plant SOG.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Good to hear the feedback guys. I'm Interested in how your heads/buds filled out... Did they fill out a fair way down or more of a popcorn style. I expected them to fill out a bit further down stem but hey still happy with outcome. Mine turned out a bit seedy.. But I'm battling heat at present in WA... 40 plus... And trying to get humidity up... Got a humidifier running, air cooler with water running..

From what I've been able to find out heat can stress them and make em seed.. Kind of a survival response.... Your thoughts?

I've also been told about light times and PH levels.. In bloom... 12 hours for 5 weeks 10 for 2 weeks and final 2 at 8...ph at 1st 5 at 6.5 then 6.8 for remainder.

The person has a lot of experience and I'm trying to just keep it simple...

Your thoughts

Not true,if its hermie it's usually genetic

It takes lots of stress,and I mean lots

Irregular light schedules for a sustained period of time or similar type event

If it is in fact a TRUE FEMALE, doesn't matter what you do ,won't turn

Some females throw a few male flowers late in bloom,lots of the time they are sterile, sometimes they are not but they appear that late it doesn't matter seeds haven't got time to form

Lots of wives tales around here,don't let the facts get in the way of a " Good story "

Not reverse, never go hermie under any stress

Using colloidal silver, isn't stress

So it's impossible to reverse a "true female" no matter what?

No it's not a trait you want to keep going

Going out on a limb here but imo.. any form of 'hermi' is the equivalent of a barren or eunuch strain and should be discontinued. Nanna shows included.

If anyone wants any hermies, I'm the bloke to see  :crybaby:

almost everything I threw pollen at this year has turned out hermie, doesn't seem to matter who bred them, me included for one plant

out of 19 plants 13 have had nanna's, not sure why, possibly shit breeding/shit weather(to cold) possible light leaks in me shitty tent 

strains not liking going in and out, or being stuck in for days on end, FUCK KNOWS 

not the first time I've had hermies in me winter grow, never any of me own strains before tho 

the chooks will be very very happy, I'm not very happy about it at all meself, might have to start bagging stnuc soon, will start with meself I think