Newbie help!? Leaves curling down

jumpdog

Question

Any hope left? Hahaha

My roommate started gardening and i thought why not try my old seeds 2 years ago(ALLSTAR random from SSS 50x2 Deal) 1 out of 6 Only germ so this is it, hoping female if not allwell, Learning start properly next year because of holiday this summer :)

Just started to get excited again to start being pro-active about growing Canna and edible organic foods. Canna has space as top on my list to help my ptsd and other health problems. Didnt help my gout pain but did knock me out so i could not feel it when i was asleep lol

1st Grow outdoor 25lt pot

WW Auto(MOC)

Soil: Scotts Organic Premium

Water: Tap water

I didnt add any ferts but i did add live worms. Watered 2 -3 days

Got old photo but not clear but seemed health.

Outcome Almost fill medium glass air seal pot from target.

2nd Grow outdoor 10lt pot

NL Auto(MOC)

Soil: Cheap Purple bag from bunnings

Seaweed every time week

Added live worms

Watered 2 - 3 days

Outcome full small glass air seal pot from target.

3rd Grow Small Pot (CURRENTLY)

Allstart Random(SSS)

Soil: Searles Premium

I water once every 2 days about 4 sprays from a spray bottle added with squirt with seaweed.

Theres sun allday but little fella gets around 4 - 6 hours of light.

Just noticed leaves just curling down?? Havent seen this on my other 2 grows?? Read its a sign of too much of many things lol

Thanks allpost-63163-15758021843_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Any hope left? Hahaha

My roommate started gardening and i thought why not try my old seeds 2 years ago(ALLSTAR random from SSS 50x2 Deal) 1 out of 6 Only germ so this is it, hoping female if not allwell, Learning start properly next year because of holiday this summer :)

Just started to get excited again to start being pro-active about growing Canna and edible organic foods. Canna has space as top on my list to help my ptsd and other health problems. Didnt help my gout pain but did knock me out so i could not feel it when i was asleep lol

1st Grow outdoor 25lt pot

WW Auto(MOC)

Soil: Scotts Organic Premium

I didnt add any ferts but i did add live worms. Watered 2 -3 days

Got old photo but not clear but seemed health.

Outcome Almost fill medium glass air seal pot from target.

2nd Grow outdoor 10lt pot

NL Auto(MOC)

Soil: Cheap Purple bag from bunnings

Seaweed every time week

Added live worms

Watered 2 - 3 days

Outcome full small glass air seal pot from target.

3rd Grow Small Pot (CURRENTLY)

Allstart Random(SSS)

Soil: Searles Premium

I water once every 2 days about 4 sprays from a spray bottle added with squirt with seaweed.

Theres sun allday but little fella gets around 4 - 6 hours of light.

Just noticed leaves just curling down?? Havent seen this on my other 2 grows?? Read its a sign of too much of many things lol

Thanks allattachicon.gif20191208_204823.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Too much TLC with the watering. Do you know the PH of your tap water? That is pretty important to healthy plants in pots. You need to use good quality potting mix. Searls premium potting mix or more expensive Canna Terra potting mix with Canna Terra only nutes. Searles I use Nitrosol in my pots. I just think imo you are over watering. Feel the weight of the pot when dry and feel the weight when wet and you will get a better idea of when to water.

• Upvote 1

Hey jumpdog, I use a combo of this, as the plants are young I feed at a half dose. As they gets bigger I increase the dose.

The stuff I use is 20ml per 9 liters of water for young plants. I mix that in a 9l watering can then add the solution into a 1 liter spray bottle then I spray the foliage with that. It’s important to get the dose right no matter what product you end up using. Good luck mate.

6ee2fbe01375e7b3aac86bf5c122d21a.jpg

Avoid buying cheap shit soil, it’s the worst thing you can do. And not sure about the pot your using, I hope it’s got holes in it as your soil needs to breathe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1