It pays to get into good soil.

sam2810

For any newbies out there wondering if the soil is an important factor... Grew the one with the splint on it in a mix of perlite/Richgro soil/Richgro compost. I grew a few years ago then took a long break, came back to it at a shit time and ended up cheaping out. The saying you grow in siht, you'll grow siht is really true. Feel like a dcik for wasting seeds on this.

When I got sorted again and moved house, I decided to pop a seed I had left over and this time used 1 part perlite/1 part peat moss/1 part mushroom compost/1 part potting mix that was fluffy and not loaded with bark like the Richgro. The seedling was germinated in a jiffy pellet before being put into the cup at a week old.

These pics were taken when the seedlings were 12 days old. What a difference. This one has noticeable growth daily. So stoked I may be getting my siht back together with growing. You can imagine how disappointed I am with the stunted auto. Also had a soil pH of 8.5 with the stunted ones. Threw in some liquid sulfur and it helped a bit but they were already close to flowering by the time I thought to check.

Pic included of the shit auto I'll be lucky to get a cone off of lol.c9b9236874cb828842d5fd492013b047.jpge3baeca9d4abdb8f21e3c7600953b8bc.jpg5d9d1161b68e2da9b0d6defa0b8b29a2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah huge difference, got a real nice color about it to, I did the same thing a few years ago was lazy just got this 2 dollar a bag potting mix about 10 bags all up, after about a month of fuck all happening I woke up, now I compost and mix up my own soils. If I do buy it now I only use the osmocote professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah huge difference, got a real nice color about it to, I did the same thing a few years ago was lazy just got this 2 dollar a bag potting mix about 10 bags all up, after about a month of fuck all happening I woke up, now I compost and mix up my own soils. If I do buy it now I only use the osmocote professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just realised that the good grower is actually 2 days younger in this photo than the stunted one was. I'm really blown away with this much growth in 10 days from sprouting. Now to wait and see if it's an auto or a photo lol. I popped 2× autos and 2× photos into Jiffy plugs and stuck them in my prop tray but little fingers picked them up and shifted them around and I only had what they were written on the bottom of the tray. I'm about 80% sure she's an auto. Never using plugs again though. Popped 3 seeds in seedling mix, the 4 I put in plugs, all cracked and got a tiny taproot but stopped growing after that. This one was the only one that survived. Have always had 100% germ success but the first time using these, 75% failed.

I went the Richgro because it seemed to be the only one without time release ferts at Bunnings. Think I would've been better off. The remaining bags are getting used to fill holes from the last tenants dogs. All it's good for.

Before I started renting again, I had the whole compost thing going but can't do that stuff these days.

The growth on this one is unreal and I wanna get some more seeds even though it's getting late in the growing season.

I just thought the nothing happening was impatience on my behalf, but after seeing the daily changes in this one, I'm rethinking that.

Yesterday she'd just started her third node, today the third nodes got 3 fingers and the fourth node is getting more visible as the day goes on. Have only given water and one dose of gogo juice

1 day difference:

d715f35706ca0a6b25402a2db9433669.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

imho soil quality is important but what gives you great plant growth is biology 

having average quality soil that is biologically active will give you better

plant growth than good quality soil alone 

so quality soil that is biologically active will not only give you great plant growth 

but will help plants protect themselves from pest or pathogen 

i need to also mention moisture , inconsistent moisture will kill off or change biology rapidly 

at the expense of plant growth & protection , in fact over or under watering will encourage

pest & pathogen to attack your plant  

• Upvote 1