Bunnings soil what to do..plzhelp

Alot of people recommend Searle premium mix from Bunnings. I bought some stuff with no added ferts and it was crap.

Read my clusterfunk of a grow diary. Also, am getting ok results in dirt and coco now with Bunnings hydro nutes. The nitro plus one from manutec, it's only 13 bucks for 1 litre. But I have just bought canna stuff.

Edited by Defsnotacop

Why would u mix dirt and coco,you're using hydroponic nutrients yes

Just use coco,the dirt is just going to form mud which in turn is going to stop filtration, it's gonna limit root growth as well, they won't like the dirt and stick to coco where they can uptake the nutrients you put in,the can't take them from the dirt

Even a small bag of perlite at Bunning is $10

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Why would u mix dirt and coco,you're using hydroponic nutrients yes

Just use coco,the dirt is just going to form mud which in turn is going to stop filtration, it's gonna limit root growth as well, they won't like the dirt and stick to coco where they can uptake the nutrients you put in,the can't take them from the dirt

Even a small bag of perlite at Bunning is $10

Cheers bro I didnt wanna use soil like shit that turned to mud I'm new but keen to learn and am

So in all just use perlite for this organic grow???

Not mixed together man. Sorry, worded it badly, some pots have coco and perlite, some pots have dirt.

So just use perlite???

I'm confused,if it's organic why are you feeding it,should have plenty of nutrients already if proper preparation is done

If you go coco and perlite, you will need to feed it daily if not more on occasion, hydroponic nutrients

Unfortunately the plant picks up nutrients at different PH levels in soil compared to hydroponics

So you got to go 1 way or the other

Yes coco can be use in some instances instead of peat moss in soil

• Upvote 1

When you go into Bunning Seals is good. Anything that says 6 months nutrients but not to much bark is good to start with as well. But to start with I find seed raising mix is the best for the first month. I kinda live near a Bunnings so find it a bit to handy for a lazy grower[emoji1787][emoji1787] ie me

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Buy some seed raising mix, and a ph test kit. Ph your water to around 6, and should be ok for a few weeks to get it started and then see what direction you want to go.

Small bag of seed raising mix, like osmocote or Searle should be about 5 -10 bucks, and a ph liquid test kit is 13 bucks I think.

Edited by Defsnotacop
  • Upvote 1